Two cars found at bottom of Foss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Strange. Three teens aren't going to sit still and be shot in a car. Not only did he have to reload, but he probably had to run one of them down on foot.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the layout and where they went in, but is an accident possible? Could they have gone to a lookout point or ramp and indvertently gone in? If you don't open your windows right away the pressure gets to great to escape.
Just a thought. Not sure how far Sayre is from the lake. With a 2nd car found of a missing person it sure doesn't sound like an accident, but there may be no relation between the two events.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's quite a chronological spread. Not like today when the timeline can be narrowed down to mere hours or even minutes.

Due to various things over the years, there's a lot of missing records, and I'm betting those records are missing or incomplete and the time is based on the recollections of the people who still talk about it. Of course, depending on the location of the car, anything before 1961 could be ruled out.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the layout and where they went in, but is an accident possible? Could they have gone to a lookout point or ramp and indvertently gone in? If you don't open your windows right away the pressure gets to great to escape.
Just a thought. Not sure how far Sayre is from the lake. With a 2nd car found of a missing person it sure doesn't sound like an accident, but there may be no relation between the two events.

Quite a bit. The two previously "possible" destinations for the teens were Elk City and approximately 2-3 miles east of Hext. Foss is another 20 miles NE of Elk City. Sayre is 20 miles SW of Elk City. Hext is 8 miles SW of Sayre, about halfway between Sayre and Erick on I-40 (about 1/3 of the way to the state line).

Latest posts

Top Bottom