Ugghhh...Do we want to get involved in Venezuela?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed.... I would never trust the Red Cross with the funds, that's for sure. They'll never ever get another dime of my money.

But I know on a mission trip how much help we were able to provide for thousands in just 4 days with donated medicines and services. At $1M each for cruise missiles, I think we can probably manage to get some food, medicines and such in to folks a bit cheaper.

If I ever win the lottery, I have just the job for you. We'd have a not-for-profit that actually IS a not-for-profit.

That's another thing that confounds me -- lottery winners who hit it big and are in bankruptcy court a few years later. People ... sheesh ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do we care enough that American men and women need to die in order to try to "fix it"?

I never said that we must. I was responding to your comment that Maduro had a higher percentage of votes than Trump, which if the numbers were "manufactured," your comment about percentages was irrelevant.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems this is the idea. F*** 'em and feed 'em fish heads, right?

Cool deal, this is America.

Yeah, I don't want a war down there, I don't want us fighting their government, no matter how corrupt it is.

I would like to see some humanitarian aid, though, which can be done on a supermassive scale at a fraction of what military action would cost, honestly.

TRidiot: I must apologize. I was only thinking in terms of your posts as military action. I failed to see other angles such as humanitarian aid. I'd be willing to see us go that route. However, as others have mentioned it too, is often fraught with perils and pitfalls and can often not go to those whom need it, but to those who are enriched by it.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anybody would be against that.

However, without a military presence, how would you ensure that the aid is getting where it needs to go, instead of being gathered up and auctioned off by those with power? Invite the U.N.? Again, Maduro would fight that, and from past conflicts, the U.N. has shown it's just about as dirty as everybody else.
Great, but for some reason we just cannot seem to limit ourselves to the humanitarian thing.

If our military becomes involved then it is a safe bet that they would end up becoming a permanent fixture as a "Peacekeeper" presence - meaning that they would be supplying arms and training to the local forces, which ALWAYS escalates into needing 'more boots on the ground, first just for security, then for offensive actions to "contain the situation".

As I see it, it's just an excuse to get into, yet, another war that we have no business being in.
Just like in the Middle East, let their neighbors take on the role of rescuing their 'brother'.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am kinda at the point that we need to get our own house in order!! Places right here in the U.S. Where children go to bed hungry! We have vets that sit on corners with signs ! We have elderly folks that eat cat food so they can keep a roof over their head!

Everyone wants America to save the world, but I am pretty damn sure we can't save our selves at this point!
Let NATO deal with that **** while we deal with or own pile of ****!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom