Ultrasonic Brass Cleaning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm giong to do a bunch of deprimed .223 brass tonight. I have a really crappy camera, so I can't take pics of how it does though.

I don't deprime brass if it's for plinking. If I want to try to do some for something special, then I'll probably do everything I can to prep them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy that uses the rotary tumbler method. He does about 5000 to 10,000 at a time.

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41xdMFboFIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I found some cool how to using crete mixers and electric motors. Even found one that used a dryer.
Well you have to admit, it's a pretty good idea for large quantities. Don't think the dryer would hold well up doing them wet though. But I can see it now, set up outside on the deck of the doublewide! :rollingla
Hmmmm. That looks familiar.
Where you and BB been hiding out?

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vdub,
I have both a vibratory set up and a model B. The tumbler is way faster for sure. I am curious as to what media you use? and where do you purchase it? I use plain steel media. I use the rotary for polishing brass and steel parts, not reloading, but I think I may start if I can find small enough media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom