Underhanded "Price" Increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of food items have been "down-sized" in recent years. It's not much per item but it adds up. It reminds me of a story and A/C instructor told the class, we're all used to seeing sheep with no tails and this sheep rancher in Montana had 2,000 sheep and they all had long tails. He was asked "Why don't you cut the tails off?" His response, "Do you know what 2,000 tails weight?"

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to dock those tails early. Otherwise, they become clogged with fecal matter (aka shi+) and cause the sheep real problems. That's why they call the ewwwes.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but the people bidding on them take that into account and the sheep sell for less if they're going to slaughter, and still less if they're being bought as breeders.

For every man that sells by the pound,there is another who buys by the pound and they're not known for gettin suckered.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no idea there'd be so many sheep experts on a gun forum...
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg

:drunk2:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me started on tuna. These days there's enough in there for about one sandwich. I figure in 5 or 6 years you'll have to buy two cans just to cover a few crackers.
This had been a pet peeve of mine for years.

I remember when you could get 3 ample sandwiches out of a can (did it many times). And it didn't have such a metallic taste either. :/

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i threw the BS flag in a store over that one a couple of years back. the manager looked me in the eye and said his customers had requested smaller containers and were content with paying the same amount for less. i stated "bulls__t" and stalked out

Don't ya just love capitalism?

BTW, I have severe acid problems and my doc wrote a scrip for Omeprazole (Hi-dose Prilosec)

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't ya just love capitalism?

BTW, I have severe acid problems and my doc wrote a scrip for Omeprazole (Hi-dose Prilosec)

Watch out, that Omeprazole can loosen your stools. Especially during the first few weeks. You may become remarkably regular.

That being said, Omeprazole allowed me to sleep without waking up to a mouth full of bile.
And, I can eat bread again.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch out, that Omeprazole can loosen your stools. Especially during the first few weeks. You may become remarkably regular.

That being said, Omeprazole allowed me to sleep without waking up to a mouth full of bile.
And, I can eat bread again.

I've been usin' the stuff daily for over 15 years, but my system is so screwed up, I don't recall noticing any changes.
Severe erosive gastritis. Wish it was just an ulcer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom