Underhanded "Price" Increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch out, that Omeprazole can loosen your stools. Especially during the first few weeks. You may become remarkably regular.

That being said, Omeprazole allowed me to sleep without waking up to a mouth full of bile.
And, I can eat bread again.

Stuff will make you **** like a pet coon, but it's made my quality of life incredibly better.

Prilosec (sp) and the other cheaper one did nothing for me, the Zegrid saved my life. Seriously.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on Omeprazole for a long time, and then two different doctors suggested I get off of them and go with another, more like Prilosec. However, the doctors say the generic for Prilosec it less harmful for one than Omeprazole. However, I don't have really serious reflux, so the "milder" medicine works fine as long as I remember to take it twice a day, every day.

Over the counter Ranitidine

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on Omeprazole for a long time, and then two different doctors suggested I get off of them and go with another, more like Prilosec. However, the doctors say the generic for Prilosec it less harmful for one than Omeprazole. However, I don't have really serious reflux, so the "milder" medicine works fine as long as I remember to take it twice a day, every day.

Over the counter Ranitidine
Omeprazole is the generic name for over the counter Prilosec .... at least that's what the pharmacy says.
It just comes in stronger dosages than the OTC stuff.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Odd, because when I started on Omeprazole, it was a prescription drug. I'll have to do my own research now.
It still is.
The RX is the same stuff as Prilosec, just in stronger doses than you can get OTC. Might also be cheaper by RX, depending on your insurance.
Might want to check it out .... save a few bucks.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It still is.
The RX is the same stuff as Prilosec, just in stronger doses than you can get OTC. Might also be cheaper by RX, depending on your insurance.
Might want to check it out .... save a few bucks.

Omeprasole, at least in some dosage, is also over the counter. I used to buy it that way until the docs told me to change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom