Unusual request from Saudia Arabia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds a bit odd, but if the funds clear, what would be the problem?
actually the term "impossible" comes more to my mind. It sounds like he may know a heck of a lot more about computers than he does about firearms. Plus I am not sure about the legal ramifications of sending a firearms part into another country especially like Saudia Arabia. Also this would, the way I read it, ba a direct violation of Ebay policy.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They run a similar scam with auto sales. Car costs $50000, they send you a check for $7000 and tell you to use the extra to cover shipping and send them back the excess (and maybe keep a few hundred for your trouble). The hope is that you ship them the car and the excess funds before the phony check bounces....they get the car and a few bucks for nothing....you get stuck for the bounced check.

This could be like that...they end up with the parts and some $$ and you get stuck with a bounced check.

Close... but not exactly right.

The bogus cashiers check scam works like this. Scammer sends you a check for the item you have for sale, with extra added in to "wire to the shipping company". The shipping company doesn't exist, it's actually the scammer under another email address. You receive check for $4000, your item is $2500. You are asked to cash check and wire $1500 to the shipping company. Scammer gets $1500, nobody ever pickes up the item, and you just caused your own bank account to be fubar'd when the forgery is discovered... ofter weeks later.

When I was on disability I spent quite a lot of time baiting these scammers. Caused them to spend time and money chasing what they thought was a mark. I received over $1 million dollars in counterfeit cashiers checks over a 4 month period, and destroyed them all. Once I even got a scammer to pay for me to ship them a used and broken washing machine. Another paid to have a concrete block shipped to them. Lulz all around.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that people in these scams have been told by their bank that a check cleared and later received a call that they check was a forgery - "Sorry, we are taking the money out of your account."

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My understanding is that people in these scams have been told by their bank that a check cleared and later received a call that they check was a forgery - "Sorry, we are taking the money out of your account."
Actually, scam was my first reaction. But upon reflection, Helping a resident of the very country, which supplied a large majority of the 9/11 hijackers, is not exactly a top priority of mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom