Unusual request from Saudia Arabia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I sell a few mauser parts on Ebay, bolts with forged handles mostly.The other day I received a message from an Abdul something or other, from, he said, Saudia Arabia in ,pretty well, broken english. the gist of the message was, that stuff coming in to his country, which were marked gun parts or accessories, was confiscated by his government. He wanted me to, I guess, order the part, and ship it to him as something other than a firearm part. He even gave me a link to the co. and part. if this wasn't enough, it was an sks scope mount to install on his peruvian mauser.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
....and he'd send you a check for more than the cost of the part...the balance of which you could "keep for your trouble" or something to that effect?

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
....and he'd send you a check for more than the cost of the part...the balance of which you could "keep for your trouble" or something to that effect?
Yes, something to that effect. Actually the link was unclickable. The Company with the part, timberline or something like that, evidently exists. I"m real dense, but what is the game?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They run a similar scam with auto sales. Car costs $50000, they send you a check for $7000 and tell you to use the extra to cover shipping and send them back the excess (and maybe keep a few hundred for your trouble). The hope is that you ship them the car and the excess funds before the phony check bounces....they get the car and a few bucks for nothing....you get stuck for the bounced check.

This could be like that...they end up with the parts and some $$ and you get stuck with a bounced check.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They run a similar scam with auto sales. Car costs $50000, they send you a check for $7000 and tell you to use the extra to cover shipping and send them back the excess (and maybe keep a few hundred for your trouble). The hope is that you ship them the car and the excess funds before the phony check bounces....they get the car and a few bucks for nothing....you get stuck for the bounced check.

This could be like that...they end up with the parts and some $$ and you get stuck with a bounced check.
Thanks, that sounds about right.
Being slightly paranoid, and having an ffl, i wasthing legal trap.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Helping someone defy the oppressive, anti-libertarian laws of their country? Sounds like a good deal to me. Make sure you get your money up front, but it's not the sort of thing that would fall under the ITAR prohibition on export... so if the check clears, why not hook a brother up?

The Saudi government is one of the worst and most oppressive ones in existence. It is the chief exporter of tyranny in the middle east. Sickeningly, billions of our tax dollars go to support them because of our own government's twisted foreign policy. Personally I am all for doing anything I can to negate any of that.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Helping someone defy the oppressive, anti-libertarian laws of their country? Sounds like a good deal to me. Make sure you get your money up front, but it's not the sort of thing that would fall under the ITAR prohibition on export... so if the check clears, why not hook a brother up?

The Saudi government is one of the worst and most oppressive ones in existence. It is the chief exporter of tyranny in the middle east. Sickeningly, billions of our tax dollars go to support them because of our own government's twisted foreign policy. Personally I am all for doing anything I can to negate any of that.
I admire your attitude, but an sks scope mount on a mauser, I don't think so. It just don't sound real.

Latest posts

Top Bottom