Unwelcome "Guest", Shots Fired!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I had an uninvited guest at my house today. The altercation resulted in shots fired and the unwelcome intruder assuming room temperature.

Found this guy curled up in my shop this afternoon. It was right next to my big shop door and I damn near stepped on it when I went to open the door.
It slithered off into a pile of scrap metal under my welding bench and avoided my initial efforts to evict it from the building.
I attempted to clear the room unsuccessfully, the intruder was hiding too well.
After the initial encounter I retreated from the scene and secured a proper weapon, S&W Model 60 loaded with bird shot, and took up a position where I could observe the last known location of the perpetrator.
It took nearly an hour before the vermin showed himself again and I was able to end the standoff with one carefully placed shot.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I've gotten a little lax about always being armed with "snake medicine" when working around the property. That has now changed.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I am not generally in favor of unaliving snakes, but copperheads are an exception to the rule. Those things are too dang aggressive, at least the ones I've caused to cease all metabolic functions.
That's pretty much my position as well. Way back in the long ago when we had chickens I sang a different tune though. Now a non-venomous snake gets a straight up pass though I may relocate if they are in an inconvenient location.
Last spring this guy nearly gave me a heart attack when I lifted the hood on my mower to check the oil. It got relocated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom