Used Car/Truck for sale resources

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I looked for a used vehicle....back in the day you could walk into a 7-eleven and pick up a truck trader or autotrader. Now it seems everything is online.

Besides Ebay Motors, Craigslist, and Autotrader online, and the good 'ol OSA classifieds what other sources are there for finding local/state used vehicles?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Automax, and the dealerships. Our local news paper has them in the classifieds.

I must state this. We just bought a new vehicle after being in the old one for 11 years. Our experiece with dealerships back then was horrific.
Two weeks ago, we sucked it up and went looking.

I was pretty impressed that we didn't get pressured at all, and the experience was not bad at all.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call this guy:
Rich Gragg
(405) 204-0215

I've not personally used him to buy a vehicle but have a few friends who have and were referred to him. My understanding is that he can find exactly what you want and at a deal. I've been holding his number as I drop hints to the wife about getting a truck. Once she catches the drift I'll be calling him to check him out. My understanding is he works for a dealership but is more of a by appointment for referred customers than the guy that hangs by the door accosting people as they drive up. Tell him you heard about him on the OSA Forum and he'll like that too.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good tips so far but I'm looking for a pure beater...probably not found through a dealer, more likely private seller.

Just found it funny that I couldn't walk into 7-11 and pick up an autotrader anymore. Guess craigslist put 'em out of print!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use CarMax.com as my goto site. Now, I'm not sure I'd do business with CarMax, but their prices are typically lower than other lots and prices, on some vehicles, are comparable to those on eBay. I use CarMax to get an idea of a lower pricing point (in case I want to bargain with another lot) as well as each listing typically has 30~ pictures inside and out, so I get a good idea of what the car looks like (for models I've never inspected in person).

Plus, eBay and Craigslist are blocked at work, so..

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want the most for your money stay away from dealerships. Buy a car with low miles from an individual on craigslist for the best deal.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how your local OKC Craigslist is but my experience with it in the KC area stinks. Many dealers on it even when you select "private seller". Many scams on it also. I think because it's free it gets overloaded with cars that are overpriced by people who are just shopping for a buyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom