Used shotgun hulls demand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegrassZ71

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s what folks reload where I shoot in order of preference:

12 ga
Remington STS or Nitro
Winchester AA
Federal Gold Medal

20 ga
Winchester AA
Remington STS
Remington Gun Club

28 ga
Winchester AA
Remington STS

Winchester AA
Remington STS

A few folks load Winchester Universals and Federal Top Guns for a one time throw away hull but most of the steel base economy hulls go to the trash can.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s what folks reload where I shoot in order of preference:

12 ga
Remington STS or Nitro
Winchester AA
Federal Gold Medal

20 ga
Winchester AA
Remington STS
Remington Gun Club

28 ga
Winchester AA
Remington STS

Winchester AA
Remington STS

A few folks load Winchester Universals and Federal Top Guns for a one time throw away hull but most of the steel base economy hulls go to the trash can.
The only thing I’ll add - I know a few folks that load Remington Gun Clubs, and they swear that they load as well as STS hulls. However, you may not get as many reloads from a Gun Club hull.

Last edited:

bluegrassZ71

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I’ll add - I know a few folks that load Remington Gun Clubs, and they swear that they load as well as STS hulls. However, you may not get as many reloads from a Gun Club hull.
Remington Gun Clubs do load really well and last a long time…truth be told, probably longer than the STS. The STS tend to crack at the crimp over time. I think the plastic in the Gun Club hulls is a little tougher.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some STS hulls that I know for a fact have over fifty loads on them and some I’d wager real money are north of a hundred. The first ones I reloaded, before I was informed of the speed limit, I blew the wrinkles out of. The upside was there wasn’t much lead off the 27 yard pad. LOL

Man, when I was young and single I shot thirty or forty gallons of shells a week rain, shine or hellfire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom