Utah - Through My Eyes - and Camera Lens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been in Utah now since Thursday, but due to keyboard problems with my computer, I couldn't post any pictures. I always feel the need to resize any photos I put online so that they upload faster, even though Smugmug is pretty fast and allows unlimited uploads.

These first pictures were taken as we drove down through Utah's Highway 89 into Kanab, Utah, where we will be living for the next year. They were taken as I was driving along by using my cell phone instead of my camera. Thus, they aren't of the best quality, but they do show some of the beauty of the area.

We are starting to get some Autumn colors as well.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will be living and working at the Hitch-N-Post RV Park in Kanab, Utah. The first of these pictures are of views from in front of the park and the last one is of our RV, otherwise known as home, in the park.

Life here will be different in that Kanab has a population of around 4000+ people. As for chain fast food places, it is limited with only three; Wendy's, MacDonald's, and Pizza Hut. Directly across from the RV park is Al's Burgers, which have been highly touted, but when we ate there a couple of nights ago, their hamburger patties were pretty small and pretty thin. As much as I am NOT fond of MacDonald's, I'll probably have to say they may be better than Al's. There is a pretty darn good Mexican restaurant just down the street.

Now, for our home on wheels in its new place.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love escalante, one of my favorite places!! Daughter and I will be heading back out there next year, bad weather kept us out of the slot canyons we wanted to hike last time so we're coming back!
Enjoy yourself, there's lots of fun hikes with a hour or son's drive!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever since we began the process of selling the house and everything else to live in an RV and travel after retirement, I'd had the real desire to come to this part of the country to see the 5 national parks in Utah and the Grand Canyon. While doing some more research recently on what was in the area, knowing that we were finally going to get to come here, I found so many things that we want to go see in all the parks, national monuments, and state parks. The really nice part is that our bosses like to take folks out on ATV's and have promised to take us out to see things as well.

I just hope they don't get aggravated at me for slowing things down by stopping all the time to take pictures.

I failed to mention it before, but the RV park here also has 3 cabins (bedrooms only, but with bathrooms and showers available in another building) and 5 tent sites.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've been in Utah now since Thursday, but due to keyboard problems with my computer, I couldn't post any pictures. I always feel the need to resize any photos I put online so that they upload faster, even though Smugmug is pretty fast and allows unlimited uploads.

These first pictures were taken as we drove down through Utah's Highway 89 into Kanab, Utah, where we will be living for the next year. They were taken as I was driving along by using my cell phone instead of my camera. Thus, they aren't of the best quality, but they do show some of the beauty of the area.
Very nice pics! The cell cameras now for posting on forums offer just about as good resolution as an slr.
With our current phones, we have just about given up our manual camera's. Too easy to keep them on the phone and post on forums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom