Vacation advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like a great trip, good for you! We have done all these things, and my favorate thing I saw in California is the GIANT A SEQUOIA TREES, in Sequoia B National park! and it's not far from Yosemite NP, but I undewrstand you must have reservations to get into Yosemite NP. now? If you guys don't have a NP senior pass, that covers all the entry fees, to all NP's, that is a really good idea! We got ours at SS. office in Tulsa years ago!.
Heck, the favorite things I saw in CA were on the beaches and boardwalks along the beaches. Now that the beaches have become campgrounds for the homeless I doubt the scenery is the same, but it sure was eye opening back in the day.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving north on highway 1 will be very slow. Stop and see the redwoods and the Umpqa lighthouse. Do NOT stop at the sea lion caves or in Yachats Oregon unless you are looking for a boyfriend. Newport Oregon north seafront is awesome.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go near Seattle, you might want to go to Whidby Island, it's safe and has a lot to see, many small towns and you can get on a ferry and go to several islands very reasonable and have some of that clam chowder. I've never had such good chowder elsewhere plus, you can see Orcas if you're lucky.
I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Island, it is a beautiful place.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you drive through Amarillo, Paulo Duro Canyon is worth a side trip. If you haven’t seen the Grand Canyon you should make a stop there. Arches and Canyonlands in Utah are awesome.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dat ocean tho
Yep. Only reason (well, one of the only reasons) I'd even consider going back for a visit. Except that all the new people there have contaminated all the sea water, and most of the freshwater, there. I left in 1973. The only other reason is that there are a lot of folks out there selling fine small machine tools, and a few larger ones that I'd really like to have. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom