Vampire rock!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember when vampires were scary? Well, seems like they're sexy nowadays. :rolleyes2

However, there's a heavy metal rock band, made up of a family of siblings, that I've been following for a while now. They call themselves LILIAC.

Their style of music is metal, but they like to call it Vampire rock. These kids do mostly covers of stuff like, Ozzy, Ronnie James Dio, Iron Maiden and a few others

I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to cover bands. I like some stuff, like Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage, and Stone Sour's version of Creeping Death, but some bands really butcher the original. Don't believe me? Check out You Give Love A Bad Name by Atreyu or maybe the awesome John Waite song Missing You redone (and slaughtered) by Brooks & Dunn.

LILIAC is one of those groups that keep their version as close to the original, but with a little darker kick. They're all over YouTube, so you can decide for yourself. But I will go ahead and give you a taste before you look em up. Cheers!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the vampires aren't sparkly. I can't stand Sparklepires...

OK, I had to go find a song that:
1. I actually like the original of.
2. Has been done a hundred times and IMHO never done well.

I found several.

Now, considering this video was made 5 years ago their younger age and inexperience do show through. I do have to say however, that they did a pretty good job.

And then in this one, from just 6 months later, you can hear the improvement in overall quality. Both vocal and instrumental.

And then from last year... OK, now I'm impressed...... I actually found myself rocking out to this as hard as I do the original.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember when vampires were scary? Well, seems like they're sexy nowadays. :rolleyes2

However, there's a heavy metal rock band, made up of a family of siblings, that I've been following for a while now. They call themselves LILIAC.

Their style of music is metal, but they like to call it Vampire rock. These kids do mostly covers of stuff like, Ozzy, Ronnie James Dio, Iron Maiden and a few others

I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to cover bands. I like some stuff, like Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage, and Stone Sour's version of Creeping Death, but some bands really butcher the original. Don't believe me? Check out You Give Love A Bad Name by Atreyu or maybe the awesome John Waite song Missing You redone (and slaughtered) by Brooks & Dunn.

LILIAC is one of those groups that keep their version as close to the original, but with a little darker kick. They're all over YouTube, so you can decide for yourself. But I will go ahead and give you a taste before you look em up. Cheers!

Scary like vampira?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scary like vampira?

Oh snap, I forgot about her. :naughty:

vampira.jpg

I also forgot about vampirella.

vampirella_leirix_low_1024x1024.png

And don't forget this trio of hotties from Van Helsing.

2672813657_738db7f198.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom