Vasectomy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, "total city guy" here. If you others are out on the ranch to raise cattle, hell some of you might make a living that way. -- If one potential mama cow does not 'take" with one bull, why would you deprive her with another bull?

I would suspect that if "mama cow" doesn't "take" from one, she won't from others either. She becomes someone's meals. Also, once the critter becomes a steer instead of a bull, I would suspect that he puts on much better meat for selling at market and becoming steaks.

We never saw it with our Hereford bulls, but some of the others might get territorial and start fighting the other bulls. Bulls are too expensive to want to risk having them seriously injured.

When we were on the farm, my father-in-law had about 250 head of mother cows and we would also run anywhere from several hundred to over 1000 yearling steers and heifers to sell in the Spring. More money is made on those yearlings than on the calves from the mother cows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom