Vegas range day, what to bring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's about time for my annual trip and a few buddies and I go out to the desert one day to do some shooting. Some are gun guys, some aren't. I bring the usual then some less common stuff.

Usually have the P226 and an AR. For less common stuff first time I brought the MPX, one year the No1 in 458 Lott.

Should I take the M1919 this year? Maybe a lever gun? 8" 686?

Another guy has Glocks covered, and another the AK stuff.

I am the only one bringing suppressors and they're a pretty big hit. Suggestions???

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friends always loved the lever action when we'd go out shooting in the desert. That and some cheap sodas for targets, along with a few trash bags.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have fun watching people shoot my cast 30-06 loads 1400fps 170gr.
And of course a scope eye load is nice also.

If you have any powder puff loads those are a hoot.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flipper takes up too much room.
Lever may be the way for a fun one. .45-70, 30-30 or .22??

May just do the .22 for economy sake.
I shot a medium sized boulder with a 480gr hard cast bullet from the 45-70. Split it right in half and made a cracking noise like a firecracker. Could be fun if you find a safe spot with some rocks like that.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's about time for my annual trip and a few buddies and I go out to the desert one day to do some shooting. Some are gun guys, some aren't. I bring the usual then some less common stuff.

Usually have the P226 and an AR. For less common stuff first time I brought the MPX, one year the No1 in 458 Lott.

Should I take the M1919 this year? Maybe a lever gun? 8" 686?

Another guy has Glocks covered, and another the AK stuff.

I am the only one bringing suppressors and they're a pretty big hit. Suggestions???
My suppressed 22 bolt action (guys not used to suppressors) and my suppressed henry big boy x 357 made gun guys giggle. i usually ask people what they would like to try, and bring it if I have it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom