Annual range day/requals...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been shooting twice since my accident 3 years ago. The first time was about a year ago. I got less than 50 rounds downrange. (Nothing really hot either. Some of Grumpy's reloads that he loaded light cuz he was afraid anything hotter than .22 was gonna **** me up. He was not wrong -- a couple of mags of .22 and the rest was his 9mm and I was spent. Couldn't raise the gun up any more.) I could barely hold the gun up after the first magazine but was just being stubborn. I shouldn't have done that. I paid for it later.

The second time was last month. Things went quite a bit better but I still have a long way to go. I was wanting to try and shoot a Steel Challenge in October but it isn't gonna happen. Just do not have the upper body strength to handle it.

My Christmas present to me is a membership at the Y and the fee for a personal trainer. I'm not gonna give up shooting without putting up a fight. Now my target date for a Steel Challenge is February. I have a LOT of work to do. The heaviest weight I can lift is 10 pounds and I hit a wall at 7-10 reps. 🤦🤦 I'm embarrassed to even say that outloud. But everybody starts somewhere. That's my somewhere whether I like it or not. 🤷

You are right -- there are a lot of good shooters on this forum. Way better than I will ever be but they still let me hang out with them and yuck it up. I'm kinda fond of this bunch of yahoos. 😍😁
I don’t know anything about your accident. So don’t feel need to rehash things here. But, I’m glad you’re on the road to recovery. That’s huge

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about your accident. So don’t feel need to rehash things here. But, I’m glad you’re on the road to recovery. That’s huge

Oh it's no big deal. (That's a lie.) The neighbor's oak tree dropped a branch on me in October 2020. Broke my back in a half dozen places, a couple of ribs and rang my bell pretty good. It's ALWAYS an eye-opener when you get to the Trauma Center and the attending asks you "How are you here and not at the morgue??" Lol Now you know why the OGs here are always giving me grief about being around trees. 😋

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it's no big deal. (That's a lie.) The neighbor's oak tree dropped a branch on me in October 2020. Broke my back in a half dozen places, a couple of ribs and rang my bell pretty good. It's ALWAYS an eye-opener when you get to the Trauma Center and the attending asks you "How are you here and not at the morgue??" Lol Now you know why the OGs here are always giving me grief about being around trees. 😋
I am SO sorry! That is horrific. But the big man upstairs ain’t through with you yet!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am SO sorry! That is horrific. But the big man upstairs ain’t through with you yet!
More like Satan hasn't fortified his position sufficiently yet. :rubhands::hey3::blush::pms2:

Honestly though might as well have fun with it cuz it is one of those things that just is what it is. These guys were giving me hell while I was still in the hospital. Lol (And I wouldn't have it any other way! 😉😋)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been shooting twice since my accident 3 years ago. The first time was about a year ago. I got less than 50 rounds downrange. (Nothing really hot either. Some of Grumpy's reloads that he loaded light cuz he was afraid anything hotter than .22 was gonna **** me up. He was not wrong -- a couple of mags of .22 and the rest was his 9mm and I was spent. Couldn't raise the gun up any more.) I could barely hold the gun up after the first magazine but was just being stubborn. I shouldn't have done that. I paid for it later.

The second time was last month. Things went quite a bit better but I still have a long way to go. I was wanting to try and shoot a Steel Challenge in October but it isn't gonna happen. Just do not have the upper body strength to handle it.

My Christmas present to me is a membership at the Y and the fee for a personal trainer. I'm not gonna give up shooting without putting up a fight. Now my target date for a Steel Challenge is February. I have a LOT of work to do. The heaviest weight I can lift is 10 pounds and I hit a wall at 7-10 reps. 🤦🤦 I'm embarrassed to even say that outloud. But everybody starts somewhere. That's my somewhere whether I like it or not. 🤷

You are right -- there are a lot of good shooters on this forum. Way better than I will ever be but they still let me hang out with them and yuck it up. I'm kinda fond of this bunch of yahoos. 😍😁
Go get a 1 pound weight for holding out the gun and a finger exerciser. These really helped me getting my nerves and hand back to functioning.

1696214112493.png

1696213759671.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom