Annual range day/requals...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My agency had our annual requals today. My grandson has went with me for the last two years, so this year (he's about to be 13 in November) I thought I would include him.

So after all my guys qualified, I geared him up with my Glock 43X, holster and mag pouch and walked him thru the 25 round course of fire.

He's fired my G43X before, but he's never worked from the holster. I was so proud of him, he scored a 76%, better than one officer and tied with another. Atta boy, Tater!

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well congrats to the young man! I’m ashamed to say I’ve never done anything like that. My buddy got on recently with owasso police and he can take a guest to their training facility. We are planning to do some actual firearms training for me instead of just shooting at home made setups.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well congrats to the young man! I’m ashamed to say I’ve never done anything like that. My buddy got on recently with owasso police and he can take a guest to their training facility. We are planning to do some actual firearms training for me instead of just shooting at home made setups.

You will 1. Have an absolute blast!! And 2. Realize you will never have enough practice or dry firing to become as proficient as you'd like to be. That was one of the many things that got me mixed up with all these hooligans here. One beeper goes off and next thing you know I have a case of ammo in the car, a membership to H&H and am running around all over this state and Texas every weekend. 🤦🤦 Be careful. It's a slippery slippery slope. Oh hell, it ain't a slope -- you just drop off the cliff like a truckload of rocks! 😉😂 Have fun!!

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will 1. Have an absolute blast!! And 2. Realize you will never have enough practice or dry firing to become as proficient as you'd like to be. That was one of the many things that got me mixed up with all these hooligans here. One beeper goes off and next thing you know I have a case of ammo in the car, a membership to H&H and am running around all over this state and Texas every weekend. 🤦🤦 Be careful. It's a slippery slippery slope. Oh hell, it ain't a slope -- you just drop off the cliff like a truckload of rocks! 😉😂 Have fun!!
Well I think that’s pretty cool! A lot of good people here to teach as well.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I think that’s pretty cool! A lot of good people here to teach as well.

I've been shooting twice since my accident 3 years ago. The first time was about a year ago. I got less than 50 rounds downrange. (Nothing really hot either. Some of Grumpy's reloads that he loaded light cuz he was afraid anything hotter than .22 was gonna **** me up. He was not wrong -- a couple of mags of .22 and the rest was his 9mm and I was spent. Couldn't raise the gun up any more.) I could barely hold the gun up after the first magazine but was just being stubborn. I shouldn't have done that. I paid for it later.

The second time was last month. Things went quite a bit better but I still have a long way to go. I was wanting to try and shoot a Steel Challenge in October but it isn't gonna happen. Just do not have the upper body strength to handle it.

My Christmas present to me is a membership at the Y and the fee for a personal trainer. I'm not gonna give up shooting without putting up a fight. Now my target date for a Steel Challenge is February. I have a LOT of work to do. The heaviest weight I can lift is 10 pounds and I hit a wall at 7-10 reps. 🤦🤦 I'm embarrassed to even say that outloud. But everybody starts somewhere. That's my somewhere whether I like it or not. 🤷

You are right -- there are a lot of good shooters on this forum. Way better than I will ever be but they still let me hang out with them and yuck it up. I'm kinda fond of this bunch of yahoos. 😍😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom