Veterans...Post up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And just because it needs to be said...

Thanks to all of the current bunch for continuing to carry the load and do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, wherever it needs to be done.

... from one of the previous bunch.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask this question. When you had your basic training photo taken in your dress uniform, did you have your regular training pants on instead of the dress pants? We did and I have never thought to ask anyone else.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today we honor the true American hero - our servicemen and women. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have served beside/with/know you. Since I can't see each and every one of you in person, this is my virtual handshake to say Thank You for your service and sacrifices.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask this question. When you had your basic training photo taken in your dress uniform, did you have your regular training pants on instead of the dress pants? We did and I have never thought to ask anyone else.

I don't know about where you went but I had my BCT photo taken all we did was take our BDU tops off. They had prefitted class A jackets with shirts and ties sewed in and split in the back with fasteners. On top of that the jackets only covered from the chest up. Grab a generic hat, grab a generic half a suit jacket and done. Probably the most efficient experience of my entire career.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

yup.... the coat, shirt and tie were one piece with a cut down the back.. held together with Velcro.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the Air Force, we marched to where we were having our photo taken while carrying our Class A jacket, shirt, tie and cap. When we got there we took off our utilities shirt, put the Class A stuff on, took the pic, put our utilities shirt back on, hung the Class A stuff back up and marched back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it may be hard to be sure of my memory, I'm thinking that we were in full Class A uniform for our photo.

As an aside, serving back in the '60's, I had the experience of "cadre" telling us to "never do a John Wayne" stunt when going through training exercises. I also remember that on three occasions I proved the cadre wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom