Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo, ends open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree... this is scary ****.

Guess what, folks, WalMart may very well accomplish the "nail in the coffin" that all the other major players couldn't pull off.

WalMart wields enormous influence in so many sectors, look... others are already following suit.

I am afraid the 2nd Amendment is in real trouble, people. :(

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
_
I agree... this is scary ****.

Guess what, folks, WalMart may very well accomplish the "nail in the coffin" that all the other major players couldn't pull off.

WalMart wields enormous influence in so many sectors, look... others are already following suit.

I am afraid the 2nd Amendment is in real trouble, people. :(

I’ve been saying from the beginning, this will be the decade this freedom is lost. I have boycotted Dick’s, Gillette, Netflix, and now Wal-Mart. It is something I can do to voice my disapproval. I’ve spent my last penny with any of the aforementioned companies, and I believe every who cares about this freedom should too. Yeah it might be hard for some and very easy for others but it’s worth fighting for.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybes something like would at least help with shipping costs.

I hate paying for shipping.

I was going to order a case of ammo from PSA and it added $50 for shipping!

Save up for the black friday and xmas deals. They usually have a code for free shipping. Ordered 20k rnds of mini mag last year. Stacked code on code, ended up $8.25-ish per 300, was the swamp people promo packs, free shipping. I just wish they didn't pack it all in that one huge box. Took three trips to pack it in the truck to take home.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was just a buck or two I would. But when its more than 4 bucks on ammo and anywhere from 60-100 bucks on firearms, well my money will go where the buys are. The one LGS I do business with is Crusader Tactical in BA. Bought my upper, some parts and they did my transfer for my lower I got from PSA. Good guys, but their ammo prices are steep. But they even told me that the ammo they have is pretty much for people who buy a pistol and want to take home some ammo with it. They just can't order in bulk enough to match Academy's prices.
I consider Academy to be local. I don't believe they would go the way of Dick's or Walmart. They certainly carry a much better selection for sportsman than Dick's and Walmart combined.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
_

I’ve been saying from the beginning, this will be the decade this freedom is lost. I have boycotted Dick’s, Gillette, Netflix, and now Wal-Mart. It is something I can do to voice my disapproval. I’ve spent my last penny with any of the aforementioned companies, and I believe every who cares about this freedom should too. Yeah it might be hard for some and very easy for others but it’s worth fighting for.
I'm with you. Add to that list Yeti, Symantec, and Benchmade.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooo....short barrel rifle ammo:

38/357 short barrel rifle and pistol.

Dang It!!! Guess my 1873 Carbine and Colt SAA are “domestic terrorist” guns???!!! Who'd a thunk it??:buttkick:
U.S.-Marshal-Carbine.jpg

P1856-1-large.jpg

My Ruger Super Red Hawk in .44 mag and Ruger carbine rifle are in the same boat.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they say no open carry or please leave your firearms at home? I've seen both on various forums.

from the USA today article i just read, it looks like maybe it's split. CVS no guns, walgreens no open carry?

"The drugstore chains both announced changes to their firearms store policies Thursday, two days after Walmart and Kroger joined the national gun debate.

“We support the efforts of other individuals and groups working to prevent gun violence, and continually review our policies and procedures to ensure our stores remain a safe environment,” CVS said in its statement. “We join a growing chorus of businesses in requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.”

Walgreens issued a similar statement, asking "customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials."

Latest posts

Top Bottom