Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo, ends open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SGAmmo and ammoseek are going to become my best friends, I think.

And I'm starting to think it's about time to start stocking up slowly for the next few years. On ammo and reloading components. <sigh>

I'm trying to, but I think if I had more than one large ammo box for a given caliber my better half will get upset lol. I tried to point out that she hordes yarn but yeah... that didn't fly.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in yesterday to my closest wal-mart (also the busiest one in BA) and they were already sold out of Remmington 9mm, only had two WWB 200 rd of 9mm, one 200 rd 9mm NATO and one 200 rd .40 S&W (I picked up this one). The guy said they already did over $1k in ammo sales and it was only 3:30ish. He confirmed that all handgun ammo, .223/5.56 and .22LR will be removed even though they will still sell .22 caliber rifles he thinks.

Oh well, like I said, Academy was only a few cents more so they now get my money.
Help me get this straight in my mind. Was the clerk at your Walmart saying that they won't restock their shelves once they have sold out of the inventory in that store? I was under the impression that they had maybe a warehouse or 2 or 3 full or something to that effect and would continue stocking shelves until all the ammo was sold.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would it be completely crazy to try and organize an ammo buying group or something that buys in bulk to split costs?

There are a handful of guys at my office who shoot and I've thought about seeing if they'd like to do something like that . . .

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Would it be completely crazy to try and organize an ammo buying group or something that buys in bulk to split costs?

There are a handful of guys at my office who shoot and I've thought about seeing if they'd like to do something like that . . .
Maybes something like would at least help with shipping costs.

I hate paying for shipping.

I was going to order a case of ammo from PSA and it added $50 for shipping!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybes something like would at least help with shipping costs.

I hate paying for shipping.

I was going to order a case of ammo from PSA and it added $50 for shipping!

$50?

Sheesh . . . the profit margin on ammo is pretty much non-existent IMO unless you buy it by the barrel or pallet.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Doesn't sound crazy to me except I'm pretty sure the UPS driver is gonna hate you after he unloads a van full of ammo. :ooh2:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Walmart last night around 8pm with my daughter. I strolled back to sporting goods to see if anything was on clearance. Holy cow you would think there was no where else to buy ammo. A bunch of older guys all asking where the guy working in that area was. I never seen but one person buy ammo there before. That night I saw at least 5 in a few minutes wanting to. When the guy showed up I heard him tell a couple guys he was out of inquired about ammo. Not sure if they think that's the only place that sells it or they were going to find a deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom