Want To File A Form #1 For SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I did an ATF form.
I'll be filing a Form 1 to make a short-barreled rifle and got the "OK" from the local Sheriff who is willing to sign for me.

Questions: Do the forms received from ATFE carry the correct address for me to send them to ?

Does a "certificate of compliance" to show that I'm a U.S. citizen have to be included with the package ? (That info is already going to be on the Form 1)

Does ATFE accept the new-fangled digital fingerprints, or do I have to use the FBI form and find someone to roll my prints for me ?

Thanks in advance, folks.

J.C.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the forms had the address on them at the top, you can look at the digital copies they are the same as the ones they will send you. Either way its easy to find out where to mail them to. Yes include a certificate of compliance with it. And I dont think the digital copies will work. I just ordered the form 1, compliance form, and fingerprint cards from the website. They came in about 2 weeks, tip though order extra a mistake is made. Any questions just call NFA branch they are very helpful, 1-304-616-4500. The form 1's ordered from the site come in duplicate so dont over order. The fingerprint and compliance cert are normal 1 for 1.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The forms for a Form-1 will go to BATFE in West Virginia.

Yes, a certificate of compliance form must go with the packet.

Yes, they will accept digital fingerprints. Just make sure the ORI information on the fingerprint cards is correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom