Want to recommend a pair of gloves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.palmflex.com/product.php..._medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_comparison_
These are what I use working as a oilfield mechanic in North Dakota.
They are water proof and kept my hands warm at -58 degrees F.
They last very well as long as you keep them out of diesel.
Dexterity is fair for a extreme cold work glove grip when wet is decent.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002085ICK...e=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B002085ICK

These allow a lot more dexterity and a better grip even when covered with oil or diesel. They will keep my hands warm down to about -15 which is the coldest it got on my last tour.

For cold weather fishing I wear rag wool thinsulate lined half finger gloves with mitten pull overs. This allows me to tie knots easily without removing my gloves. Wool will keep your hands warm even when gloves are soaked .

Pat

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a pair of UnderArmor gloves until I lost them this weekend. :( I had them for two seasons and they were starting to split open on my trigger finger. They were great for quail and pheasant hunting becuase I could easily handle shells and the remote for my dog's collars. They were good down to 20 degrees but not good for moisture.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard to find a do-it-all glove. I think I'm going to be stuck with my nice warm decoy gloves and finger-less mittens for shooting for quite sometime. I just ordered a pair of 40g thinsulate gortex from cabela's for $15.00 right now on sale. I'll post how they work after I hunt in them.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Henderson H2 Hypertech 3MM neoprene gloves. I have been outside for a couple of hours cleaning up snow off of the vehicles and using my hands to help clean up and can say my hands did not get cold. Today is a cold day and windy so I can say that I'm pleased with them. I 've been looking for a pair of glove to wear fly fishing in cold weather and think I have found a good pair of gloves. The are not meant to be a work gloves just something to wear say fishing and hunting to help keep your hands warm. My hands did get sweaty after awhile but didn't get cold. Kind of pricey but worth the money. Hard to enjoy yourself fishing if your hands are frozen. If anyone is interested just google henderson gloves. I also saw some neoprene gloves with a merino wool lining, I think they might have been made by pinnacle. Those might be a good hunting glove.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do find some - let some of us duck hunters know - I hate most of the gloves I've got my gear-stash, and I ultimately end up just taking along like 2-3 extra pairs.

How much and where'd you get 'em?

I seriously doubt with decoys that I can keep them dry, but I'm willing to try something other than what I've got.

For duck hunting, I use a pair of neoprene decoy gloves while in the water. Then I carry a couple of extra pair of thinner camo gloves for when I'm in the blind. I keep my hands in my waders as much as possible and switch the gloves out as they get wet. I'm still looking for the perfect pair of ducking hunting gloves. I'd been happy if I could find the perfect two pair. I just hate having to carry several pair of gloves.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some of the Basspro Redhead brand gloves called Windstoppers and they are bad a$$. Cuts the cold and wind but still breathable enough that my hands don't sweat. Semi water resistant, I haven't submerged them but they shed melting snow and morning dew. They were $20 bucks I think. Damn good bang for the buck.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Henderson H2 Hypertech 3MM neoprene gloves. I have been outside for a couple of hours cleaning up snow off of the vehicles and using my hands to help clean up and can say my hands did not get cold. Today is a cold day and windy so I can say that I'm pleased with them. I 've been looking for a pair of glove to wear fly fishing in cold weather and think I have found a good pair of gloves. The are not meant to be a work gloves just something to wear say fishing and hunting to help keep your hands warm. My hands did get sweaty after awhile but didn't get cold. Kind of pricey but worth the money. Hard to enjoy yourself fishing if your hands are frozen. If anyone is interested just google henderson gloves. I also saw some neoprene gloves with a merino wool lining, I think they might have been made by pinnacle. Those might be a good hunting glove.

Are these scuba gloves? Thats what came up when I searched for them.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For duck hunting, I use a pair of neoprene decoy gloves while in the water. Then I carry a couple of extra pair of thinner camo gloves for when I'm in the blind. I keep my hands in my waders as much as possible and switch the gloves out as they get wet. I'm still looking for the perfect pair of ducking hunting gloves. I'd been happy if I could find the perfect two pair. I just hate having to carry several pair of gloves.

I've got two pairs of neoprene gloves - both expensive and both from Bass pro and both leak (I've grown tired of chasing leaks and sealing them).

Plus, they make my hands sweat a lot due to being sealed and skin-tight (as neoprene usually is) so when I take them off, I've got the double whammy of them being cold from being in the water, and now in the cold air after sweating a lot, so putting them into my other gloves usually means that I've got cold wet hands going into cold gloves that aren't particularly water-proof.

I'm the same way with multiple gloves - I've got everything from thinsulates, to gortex and none of them seem to be well-made enough for a one-size-fits-all water fowl use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom