Warm gloves that aren't bulky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some gloves that are warm but I can still use my fingers while hunting to pick up brass, feel the trigger ect. Looked at wool but not sold on them thinking they'd be slick and breath to much, neoprene fishing/diving/duck hunting gloves look promising but reviews are 50/50 love hate & probably won't breathe period

Do they make anything that keeps your hands warm but still has good dexterity? Not wanting big bulky snow type gloves

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getcha some man mittens!
DF0F6020-974D-44CB-82CA-0CD88B6D057E.jpeg
89A5580F-FBA4-47E9-90DC-B657B0C5DAB0.jpeg
0743C4F8-CB4A-47C6-BE3B-EC0D0DCD92CB.jpeg

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a standard pair of Mechanix gloves to shoot with. Don't know if they are warm enough for you but they do permit good dexterity.
Yeah they're not really warm enough for long sits while predator hunting unfortunately, similar problem with the mittens I either have to keep my fingers tucked in them to stay warm which inhibits quick shots or keep'em out & my fingers freeze

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah they're not really warm enough for long sits while predator hunting unfortunately, similar problem with the mittens I either have to keep my fingers tucked in them to stay warm which inhibits quick shots or keep'em out & my fingers freeze
Sometimes I wear jersey gloves then put the mittens over them need to get another pair wife’s dog ate one of them

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with this. Gloves isolate your fingers from each other, so they won’t be as warm as mittens. The ones pictured here will still give you the dexterity of gloves, though.
I really do like these. They were my dad’s hunting gloves before he passed. I don’t do much hunting anymore, but they work well for wiring houses, and are extremely warm when have your digits covered.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/ArcticShield...=9026490&hvtargid=pla-572007404137&th=1&psc=1
I like mittens, but this brand ARCTIC SHIELD are best gloves I have ever had for warmth. they may be just a tad bigger than you like, but I use them with blackpowder and bow hunting all the time when cold. If you don't like them send them back. I have very hard time keeping my fingers warm in below 20-- and Arctic Shield works. I have the gloves mittens, coats bibs, etc. I am from minnesota originally and I know what cold is. Try them. They may have changed them since I bought last my last pair, but if they haven't they are great in cold weather. the "retain heat retention" what they started years ago.

they also have mittens with a light glove underneath if you want that type of thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom