1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

WARNING!! Classifieds Scammer

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by NikatKimber, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Okie4570

Okie4570 Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Just keep reporting suspicious activity as you guys are, it takes us a day or two to check things out and make sure we're not just banning every new member that wants to sell something.

harley128 likes this.
  2. harley128

harley128 Sharpshooter

Special Hen
    Rating
    100%
    his birthday that is in his OSA profile lines up with a Lucas Linam that is located in Murfreesboro, TN according to a quick google search............hmmm

Okie4570 likes this.
  3. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks for the investigation Harley!

Okie4570 and harley128 like this.
  4. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's him. Searched the listings and serials. Banhammer time. Thanks to the guys here who checked him out. Suggestion: Consider a PM to the Mods when you have a suspected scammer; no need to let them know we're looking into them. But this train of thought goes both ways, so use your best judgment. And thanks again.

5. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Members; please be careful when purchasing an item from an individual you aren't sure of. We have been hit again by a scam artist, but it looks like we found him out and sent him down the road before he could rip anybody off...again. If you suspect something is amiss, let us know ASAP! This action is not taken to limit new members from posting in the classifieds, but we do have ways of ferreting these scam artist clowns out. It sometimes takes a little time and effort on our part, and we need to be sure before we ban them and delete their posts. If you have info that may help us, PM the Mods. My recommendation is don't send money to someone you don't know or at least know of. CHECK FEEDBACK on the seller's profile. Check their posts, be sure before you part with your money. Just be careful.

DavidMcMillan, Okie4570 and RickN like this.
  6. TheLastDaze

TheLastDaze Sharpshooter

wow mods... sry there is trash like this lurking, looks like a full time job is ahead of you guys dealing with these reprobates...I hope someone befriends and outsmarts these guys, asking for a physical address etc, claiming to be internet illiterate, old, feeble and downright loaded with cash and wants their item so bad as it reminds them of their childhood they are willing to pay a little extra...

If I run into these guys I'm going to let loose on them and fight fire with fire !!! Then get ahold of internet fraud devisions in said hood the perp resides and hope for the best, and in my minds eye the best is the absolute worst for them... Blessed and Thankful for a pillow at night which I lay my head on knowing I've done my best everyday !!

dlbleak and harley128 like this.
  7. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So much fer a sneakin up on em.

8. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Anyone have the links to the ads this guy recently placed?

9. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They were deleted in the classifieds; posted by Biggamehunter459

10. EagleEye

EagleEye Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was just wondering that very same thing..We used to have standards..It seems this has gone by the wayside.