warning or bullet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadEyeDick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scenario: you're in a business and someone comes in to rob the place at gunpoint. IF, big if, you are able to draw your weapon without the robber seeing you do so, do you give verbal warning or put one in him?

Or is my understanding of the law wrong? That being I can step into the spot of the victim and return equal defensive force.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perp has a weapon... If I'm able to draw and he/she/it did'nt see me... Just the fact that they have a weapon would make me fear for my life.. Or any customers lives..

Down they go... No warning at all.

Put one? I can send two pretty quick..

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During my SDA course, the instructor gave this scenario: "If you're in 7-11 grabbing a Gatorade and you turn around to see a guy in a mask with his gun drawn demanding money out of the register, you are authorized to 'take him out' as soon as he presented that weapon, but you are not required to intervene."

Now, this statement raised some concerns for me that I'll need to research myself, because if put in that situation 2 thoughts would go through my head. 1. Do I risk living with the fact that this guy may dot the forehead of the clerk and I did nothing to stop it? or 2. Do I take him out because my instructor said it's cool and then end up getting myself in a heap of shat because the thug didn't even acknowledge me or point his weapon anywhere near my direction, so may life wasn't really in danger?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During my SDA course, the instructor gave this scenario: "If you're in 7-11 grabbing a Gatorade and you turn around to see a guy in a mask with his gun drawn demanding money out of the register, you are authorized to 'take him out' as soon as he presented that weapon, but you are not required to intervene."

Now, this statement raised some concerns for me that I'll need to research myself, because if put in that situation 2 thoughts would go through my head. 1. Do I risk living with the fact that this guy may dot the forehead of the clerk and I did nothing to stop it? or 2. Do I take him out because my instructor said it's cool and then end up getting myself in a heap of shat because the thug didn't even acknowledge me or point his weapon anywhere near my direction, so may life wasn't really in danger?

You are authorized to protect those others who are in mortal danger as well as your own life.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. MY answer might depend on what cover I have and whether I was able to achieve a tactical advantage at the outset of any altercation. However, I must say that my reading of the law might obfuscate the answer here. Read up on defense of another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom