Was Anyone in OSA Affected by Last Night's Tornado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stayed up last night listening to the weather net on the ham bands. The tornado sounded pretty bad based upon the first-hand descriptions of the storm chasers.

Was anyone affected by it? I hope not, but this is a pretty big group.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Claremore storm has wreaked havoc for a long way. The colored boxes are power outages.

IMG_9363.png

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rogers county emergency has stated all 4 substations feeding Claremore have been severely damaged. Power will be out for “days” if not longer.

Curfew is from 10pm to 5am.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It came within an 1/8 mile of us. Thankfully we only had tree damage and power was out until today. Lots of damage everywhere in town. Last update from our rural power is over 220 power polls damaged, and that doesn't include anything in the city limits.

Have family that were in the KOA at Will Roger's Downs that took a direct hit. They were in the shelter and are safe, but we've been trying to clean up the mess and damage for 2 days. Their camper and both cars will be a total loss.

Lots of lives affected but I can't say enough about the amazing first responders, lineman,community members, and everybody helping Claremore. It's been a great example of good people helping each other out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom