Washington State again - Bill to restrain cops on traffic stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use to disparage broken glass theory as well until I watched the community I lived in turn into a 3rd world shithole with endless camps of homeless junkie criminals preying on the law abiding. Seattle has had this "no stops" policy for several years not, the result is cars driving around with no plates committing crime ranging from cutting off catalytic converters to murder. it's insane. But I will get popped by parking enforcement In front of my house for $200 because the county takes an extra month to mail your tabs.

At this point I think they would be more concerned at our lack of social cohesion and failure to maintain a high trust society.
Well, there’s quite a few elements that go into that. If we’d stuck with the constitution as written, things would probably look a lot different today, and our cities would likely be much safer.

The answer today is more traffic stops and detaining citizens for tags and lights, I suppose.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, there’s quite a few elements that go into that. If we’d stuck with the constitution as written, things would probably look a lot different today, and our cities would likely be much safer.

The answer today is more traffic stops and detaining citizens for tags and lights, I suppose.
Being that the authors of this bill are literal communist, I doubt that the goal of this bill is to increase personal freedom in the spirit of our Founding Fathers. Rather they seek to further the societal rot that infects our once great nation. In a just world they would be the ones detained.

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thing that bugs me is the DA that drive without their lights off after dark and the cop that does not stop them because they are on the way home. I de-funded the police before it was popular - I quit speeding.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
heres a way to reduce unnecessary stops and still allow cops to pull people over,, instead of defunding the cops de FINE the cops ,, eliminate FINES for certain "violations" like stop light or brake light out ,not using a turn signal,,driving 9 mile or slower over the speed limit,and other such "violations" ,this way the cops can still pull over anyone they want the cops just cant FINE them(revenue enhancing), fines are discriminatory,, the rich dont care about fines,,poor and working poor and lower middle class have a hard enough time as it is..with no fine money coming in over a traffic stop the cops will only pull someone over that really needs to be pulled over, the rest of the time the cops can pull up to someone at a stop light and tell them to fix broken light or remember to use their turn signal next time..and while were are talking about this 17 years ago i got a speeding ticket from the OKCPD at the bottom of paper ticket it said in very small print,, "TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS ARE CRIMINAL ACTS,,,so first off we need to decriminalize driving a car in OK!!!!!! also OK needs a state law BANNING ghost cops cars,, the ones that are all black and u can barely read it from 20 ft away that its a cops car.all these cars are for is more revenue enhancing,. if it really about safety,,ALL LEO vehicles that can do traffic stops and routine patrolling need to identifiable as a cop car from 100 yards away..

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
heres a way to reduce unnecessary stops and still allow cops to pull people over,, instead of defunding the cops de FINE the cops ,, eliminate FINES for certain "violations" like stop light or brake light out ,not using a turn signal,,driving 9 mile or slower over the speed limit,and other such "violations" ,this way the cops can still pull over anyone they want the cops just cant FINE them(revenue enhancing), fines are discriminatory,, the rich dont care about fines,,poor and working poor and lower middle class have a hard enough time as it is..with no fine money coming in over a traffic stop the cops will only pull someone over that really needs to be pulled over, the rest of the time the cops can pull up to someone at a stop light and tell them to fix broken light or remember to use their turn signal next time..and while were are talking about this 17 years ago i got a speeding ticket from the OKPD at the bottom of paper ticket it said in very small print,, "TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS ARE CRIMINAL ACTS,,,so first off we need to decriminalize driving a car in OK!!!!!! also OK needs a state law BANNING ghost cops cars,, the ones that are all black and u can barely read it from 20 ft away that its a cops car.. if it really about safety,,ALL LEO vehicles that can do traffic stops need to identifiable as a cop car from 100 yards away..
You sound like Washington DC in the 2000's. They had an SOP that day or night, while the officer was on patrol, the overhead emergency lights were on. They don't do that anymore. I wonder why? Stupid is as stupid does.

Last edited:

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
heres a way to reduce unnecessary stops and still allow cops to pull people over,, instead of defunding the cops de FINE the cops ,, eliminate FINES for certain "violations" like stop light or brake light out ,not using a turn signal,,driving 9 mile or slower over the speed limit,and other such "violations" ,this way the cops can still pull over anyone they want the cops just cant FINE them(revenue enhancing), fines are discriminatory,, the rich dont care about fines,,poor and working poor and lower middle class have a hard enough time as it is..with no fine money coming in over a traffic stop the cops will only pull someone over that really needs to be pulled over, the rest of the time the cops can pull up to someone at a stop light and tell them to fix broken light or remember to use their turn signal next time..and while were are talking about this 17 years ago i got a speeding ticket from the OKPD at the bottom of paper ticket it said in very small print,, "TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS ARE CRIMINAL ACTS,,,so first off we need to decriminalize driving a car in OK!!!!!! also OK needs a state law BANNING ghost cops cars,, the ones that are all black and u can barely read it from 20 ft away that its a cops car.. if it really about safety,,ALL LEO vehicles that can do traffic stops need to identifiable as a cop car from 100 yards away..
Its a shame that a traffic violation is a criminal offense but you can shop lift $999 and it is a Misdeminer offense.

feral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1683471390685.gif

Police really shouldn't be bothering anyone. Shouldn't have real contact without observation of commission of a crime.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a shame that a traffic violation is a criminal offense but you can shop lift $999 and it is a Misdeminer offense.
The only criminal, jailable, traffic violations are reckless, eluding, drag racing, leaving the scene of an injury accident and DUI. All of the rest are traffic offenses consisting of moving and nonmoving violations. There are also felony versions of the above.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this while their parents cheated on their taxes and brag about it, found merchandise in their shopping bags at home that they didn't get charged for, and then run red lights, and stop signs, speed 55 to 60 MPH in a 40 zone because, well, just because with their kids present

Latest posts

Top Bottom