Watch out for those yellow traffic lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a pic out of the downloadable .pdf that OKDPS has online.
ajcriley.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_08_Screen_shot_2011_08_09_at_4.16.16_PM.png

It says in bold Steady then goes on to say you must stop if you can stop safely before entering the CROSSWALK, not the intersection. The crosswalk is always before the intersection so you may be able to stop before the intersection but not the crosswalk.

In either case, it's going to be discretionary since it says both ways and unless we all start installing cameras in our vehicles like the traffic cops you'll have good luck arguing it to beat that ticket.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you're approaching a light that you know has been green awhile be aware that it's likely to change to yellow by the time you reach it and adjust accordingly.

Seriously, you fourwheelers really need to start getting into the habit of getting the big picture of what's going on in front, behind and to the sides of your vehicle instead of using your cars and pickups as multi-tasking communication centers. It's to bad that DOT doesn't grill the general motoring populace the same way they do the trucking industry. They'd make a fortune in fines.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the line from the moive "Starman"? Green go, yellow go fast, red go faster . Yellow lights Tulsa's newest CASH COW, all the cop needs to say is you have time to stop before the intersection. This all started back with Miss Talyor and her quest for all the money she could pull out of Tulsa ---nailing yellow light runners, take over of the country fairgounds,etc,etc.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is the case, I imagine I'll get a ticket eventually. When I get into the courtroom, my answer will be what actually happened, that I did not have time to adequately and safely stop before entering the crosswalk zone of the intersection, and if I wasn't speeding I'd like for the police officer that pulled me over to explain why he knows how my vehicle acts and responds better than I do. I surely wouldn't expect to know how his cruiser acts and responds having never driven it. . .

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the fine for being the fourth car in line for a left turn after the green turn arrow goes off but you (along with the three in front of you) still make the turn on a solid red, against oncoming traffic who have had the green light for 5 seconds?? There's nothing subjective about that situation; those are the ones who should be getting ticketed!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this is the case, I imagine I'll get a ticket eventually. When I get into the courtroom, my answer will be what actually happened, that I did not have time to adequately and safely stop before entering the crosswalk zone of the intersection, and if I wasn't speeding I'd like for the police officer that pulled me over to explain why he knows how my vehicle acts and responds better than I do. I surely wouldn't expect to know how his cruiser acts and responds having never driven it. . .

crown vics can stop pretty fast, love those 4 wheel disc brakes. But i agree with everybody else,a yellow light ticket isint right. If you cant stop safely then you go through it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom