1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

We are our own worst enemy....

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by JD8, Nov 27, 2019.

1. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Lets work to repeal the NFA!
    Does anyone here even know why the NFA was instituted in 1934 for a tax of $200?
    That was 2 month salary in that day for the average man making his way and the gun he wanted to posses requiring the tax cost $25 at most.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    There should be ZERO gun restrictions. Period.

BobbyV, bigchuck83 and PJM like this.
  3. ByrdC130

ByrdC130 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I just wish that a tiny drop of common sense would prevail and if you've been approved for one NFA item and paid your $200 tax stamp, that you should be able to get other items under that same approval. I don't think my background or moral character is going to be any different if I try to by 2 suppressors a week apart.

BobbyV, JD8 and dlbleak like this.
  4. Rod Snell

Rod Snell Sharpshooter

And
    The gun grabbers of 1933 were going to stop organized crime by banning all the non-sporting guns the criminals used, including handguns. Then Congress decided 2A prohibited banning guns. So they decided to heavily tax "gangster guns." like machineguns (Thompsons), sawed off rifles and shotguns, and silencers (supposedly used by pro killers). At the last minute, handguns were taken out of the bill. The result was the mess we call NFA 1934.
    And the current gun grabbers defend any existing anti-gun law to the death, stupid and ineffective as it may be.
    Feel better with knowing?

5. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    A bigger reason I believe was the democraps wanting to denie guns to blacks and therefore a large tax kept the lower class blacks from affording legal firearms. 34 was long after prohibition was repealed and crime was already down.

6. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It’s not about common sense, it’s about control. The government ain’t willing to give up their control. They have their dirty fingers in every pot.