Webber Kettle Grill. How old is yours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was grilling steaks tonight, and realized the webber kettle grill is 25 years old. We have been married for 24 years, and I bought it when we were dating. Its gone through a few new top grills, and the charcoal grate has been replaced with stainless expanded metal, but it still cooks like a new one.

How old is yours?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twelve years. The hook fell off the lid, and somewhere along the way, somebody stole my nice hinged cooking grate and replaced it with his own non-hinged version (bastard!), but after probably ten moves, and being carted all around the state, it still works great.

I would mention that the factory wheels and retaining clips are lousy. One wheel broke, and the clip for the other fell off, never to be seen again. Solution: steel-and-rubber mower wheels from Lowes, and cross-drilling the axle to accept a cotter pin as a retainer. Done and done.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twelve years. The hook fell off the lid, and somewhere along the way, somebody stole my nice hinged cooking grate and replaced it with his own non-hinged version (bastard!), but after probably ten moves, and being carted all around the state, it still works great.

I would mention that the factory wheels and retaining clips are lousy. One wheel broke, and the clip for the other fell off, never to be seen again. Solution: steel-and-rubber mower wheels from Lowes, and cross-drilling the axle to accept a cotter pin as a retainer. Done and done.

That's sound more like a Webber by Dave.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brand new. It was delivered Friday and I haven't put it together yet. Tired of the cheap stuff so I finally broke down and bought a Webber. I probably could have bought half a dozen Webbers for the money I've spent on junk over the years. Should last the rest of my life.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mine is about ten years old, I should say my ex wifes Webber is about 10 yo. I left it when moving out. When the wheels fell off, I got a 55 gal drum, cut the top out of the drum. The Webber fit right down inside the drum.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is about ten years old, I should say my ex wifes Webber is about 10 yo. I left it when moving out. When the wheels fell off, I got a 55 gal drum, cut the top out of the drum. The Webber fit right down inside the drum.

Similar to me. I didn't bring much other than tools, motorcycles, clothes, and a few pieces of furniture. I restocked my kitchen stuff via Walmart.

My Weber is a little less than 2 years old.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I still haven't unpacked mine yet.

static.flickr.com_3432_3317329528_b5f56570a6.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brand new. It was delivered Friday and I haven't put it together yet. Tired of the cheap stuff so I finally broke down and bought a Webber. I probably could have bought half a dozen Webbers for the money I've spent on junk over the years. Should last the rest of my life.

You will not regret it, Weber hands down make sthe best kettel type grill out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom