Weed Sprayer Skid Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remember the weight? 100 gallon will be 800 lbs plus the weight of the sprayer. i bought a 65 gallon utv sprayer from atwoods last year for very little money but the tank although it still works is flimsy and the pump needed upgraded to a higher gpm. i think when the tank gives up i can get a good tank and just put everything else over onto it and be fine. look up enduraplas sprayers for a real good skid type sprayer set up. what are you spraying? wako in enid makes a good sprayer also

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As far as weight goes I’m not to worried. Will toss on a trailer or in the back of my pickup. We were trying to use a spot sprayer, one like you’d put on an ATV but the pressure and GPM just isn’t enough for how much we have to spray.

It may be used on the yard some but will mostly be used for killing the weeds and grass around the barn and stuff like that.

If you use ground kill in a sprayer do you have to run a cleaner through it before you put let’s say pre emergent in it to spray the yard before spring? Or are the plastic tanks just contaminated with the ground kill? Hate to kill a nice lawn accidentally 😂

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you use ground kill in a sprayer do you have to run a cleaner through it before you put let’s say pre emergent in it to spray the yard before spring? Or are the plastic tanks just contaminated with the ground kill? Hate to kill a nice lawn accidentally 😂
The general advice I heard for little sprayers was to have separate sprayers for insecticides and herbicides because you can never get them completely clean, but I think the volumes on those big sprayers are so big that you don’t need to do much aside from flushing it out good with clean water. It doesn’t hurt that almost all of what you’re spraying is water, anyway—I know with Pastora we were mixing a few ounces of herbicide with 100 gallons of water and a squirt of dishwashing liquid.

I know we used the same sprayer to put down broadleaf killer and glyphosate, but we were spraying over Midland-99 bermudagrass hay. A regular Bermuda lawn might not be so tolerant of that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I spray all summer with a 1000gal Wylie with 90' booms. When I'm done I dump any extra out of the floor drain into 2.5gal containers and bring it home to use in my 50gal sprayer if needed lol. Rarely is there any more that 3-5 gallons leftover. After it's empty I'll put about 10gal of water in the tank to flush out the nozzles and that the only rinse the tank gets. Never killed anything accidentally every in the last 15y. I do all of our clean out on an empty oil well pad.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 3 point PTO Wylie 100 gallon spray rig on the mahindra tractor. Several things to consider when buying a sprayer. Glyphosate/Roundup will eat up a normal pump if not completely rinsed out.
Cheap ammonia will neutralize it with a through double rinse of the tank and pumped through the nozzles and hand sprayer.
I opted for the higher "silver" pump that is designed to run the Glyphosate without damage to the pump. That seems to be the only chemical that can hurt the pump. I used the Ammonia for years and my pump looks like new internally but went ahead and bought a replacement.
Wylie is top of the line. Tank and frame are very well built.
A double or triple rinse of the tank/pump/wand is recommended by all the chemical companies to rid the spray rig of contaminants before swapping over to another chemical.
Tomorrow morning I'll be spraying 2.4.D Amine for some broad leaf around the yard and fence lines. In the afternoon, spraying glyphosate on one of my food plots to get a second spray on the johnson grass that is taking over the plot.
Mature Johnson grass is pretty tough to kill and may have missed a few spots because it was so high. I don't have booms, just broadcast from two nozzles.
What the spray hit is yellow now, so the dark green will let me know where spot spraying needs to be done.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need a large weed sprayer. Saw this on Northern Tool and was wondering what OSA thought about it or if y’all had any other ideas.

I have a Honda motor sitting around I could use if I had a pump and tank but the link below seems more of a turn key deal.

https://www.northerntool.com/produc...llon-capacity-160cc-honda-gx160-engine-268177
I still have this for sale. It has a 12 Volt pump that was still working when I stopped using it.
Asking $200 OBO. What you got to trade?

pull behind sprayer 1.png

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I still have this for sale. It has a 12 Volt pump that was still working when I stopped using it.
Asking $200 OBO. What you got to trade?

View attachment 387585

Already have a tank with a small pump like that. It doesn’t put out enough GPM. Appreciate the offer though.

We went ahead and ordered the skid from Northern Tool. Should do what we need done. If I had food plots to spray then I’d look more into a PTO driven Wylie. I have more things I need to spray that I don’t want to take a tractor to is the reason for doing the skid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom