Weekend Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did everyone do this weekend? What kind of deer activity did you see? I was pretty discouraged when I woke up Saturday morning, trees were bout laid over from the wind, and it was pretty warm. Got in the stand anyway to ride it out. Shortly after daylight two does come flying in 20 yards from my stand. They were being trailed by a large 10 pt, with HEAVY main beams. He stopped broadside at 20 yards. Looking back, I shoulda put the old man down, but that would have been ending my season in 30 minutes. I didn't have much time to ponder the decision as a younger, smaller buck, with a big messed up rack came flying in and chased the older buck off. Not 5 minutes later, another doe blasts through with a small 8 pt on her heels, and before the dust settled a forkhorn chases a yearling through. I was dumbfounded. I was expecting nothing and it turned out to be one of the most eventful mornings I had ever had. Rained Sat night, so I thought Sunday morning I was going back to find the old buck and I was going to go ahead and tag out for the season. Weather conditions were about the same, warm and windy. I didn't see CRAP. It was like a totally different point in time. I saw one spike and he could have cared less about the yearling doe that was hanging around the same area. He actually bedded down 20 yards in front of my stand looking away, so I had fun messing with him, throwing bark at him. Kept reminding me of the messing with Sasquatch commercials.

Lots of deer activity Saturday for some reason, bucks were bird doggin does pretty good. Does had no interest whatsoever. Most everything I saw was moving at about 25 mph running from something else.

What did ya'll see?

Steve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
saw 3 does two fawns but no bucks. crazy thing is i checked the trails for tracks the night before, nothing. but after the morning hunt 3 different sets of buck tracks. alot of boys moving at night.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted all weekend and did not see a deer one. Was up north of Alva. I can see 5 wheat fields from my stand and not a deer one on them. Came home wondering what i got myself into up there.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 does Saturday morning were seen around 8:45 am til 9:15 am. Nothing was seen on Sunday morning. The morning temps were around 63 degs each morning. The best part of the weekend was that it RAINED AND RAINED.:hyper: My food plot seed has germinated!!! The hogs came in Saturday night after the rain and rooted up part of a plot:cry11: Hog shootin time. My neighbor popped 2 over the weekend.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had 3 does in front of me from 0825 til 0910. They stayed between 44-46yd and my pins only go out to 40yds. I didn't take a shot since I would have been guessing where to put the pin. Better to watch them than wound them.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great morning. I was lucky enought to get two does one with BP and another with X-bow.

I learned a long time ago not to pass up on the first morning what you would shoot on the last afternoon. Hope you get another shot at that big one.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only got out last night and it was hot and swirling wind. Saw one small buck that passed me in the timber at 25 yrds and that was the only deer. Saw several ninja possums and got 2 with the recurve. Missed a squirrel at 8 yrds. If it sounds like I was having fun flinging arrows...I was.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only got out last night and it was hot and swirling wind. Saw one small buck that passed me in the timber at 25 yrds and that was the only deer. Saw several ninja possums and got 2 with the recurve. Missed a squirrel at 8 yrds. If it sounds like I was having fun flinging arrows...I was.

HAHA! That does sound like fun!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i sat next to big tree saturday morning south of ponca city. had three does come off the bean field across the road and came within 25 yds of me. they were all young and i let them go.

hunted a differnt part of the state that evening. i was in a blind north of cleo springs and took a nice doe in the last few minutes of light.

early rut activity is kicking off in the nw part of the state

Latest posts

Top Bottom