Weekend Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My buddy got a pretty good buck in Pittsburg county. He said he hunted all day on Saturday, and it rained from 11:20 to 6:30 pm. He saw over a dozen deer moving around in the rain, and that the most movement all weekend was between 1pm and 3pm on Sat in the rain, by far. He saw bucks chasing does on Sunday, but not on Saturday.

I didn't see any deer when I hunted in the rain, but I only hunted from 4:30 to 6:30....

DeerSlayer's land is NICE! But damned hogs! :(

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy got a pretty good buck in Pittsburg county. He said he hunted all day on Saturday, and it rained from 11:20 to 6:30 pm. He saw over a dozen deer moving around in the rain, and that the most movement all weekend was between 1pm and 3pm on Sat in the rain, by far. He saw bucks chasing does on Sunday, but not on Saturday.

I didn't see any deer when I hunted in the rain, but I only hunted from 4:30 to 6:30....

DeerSlayer's land is NICE! But damned hogs! :(

Glad you enjoyed your stay in our neck of the woods Doc. I wish I would have been in town to meet you. Hey, them hogs ain't all a curse. They'll eat too!

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
climbed out of the stand on Saturday soaked to the bone at 11am.

Sunday had some does but no shooter. Went and sighted in the old .30-06 down at happy hollow. Itchin' for modern gun season already.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, sounds like some of you guys had a really great weekend. I saw five does and three fawns on Friday afternoon. I decided to quit picking on the ladies and let them walk. I hunted Saturday morning in NC OK, Sunday morning in NW OK, and Sunday evening in NC OK. I saw NO deer at all during my weekends hunts. It seems like I'm cursed every muzzleloader season! Hopefully my luck will change next weekend.

Good luck baggin the 10-pt r00s7a.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like people are seeing a few deer. I've hunted four times and saw my first deer Saturday morning at 10:15. A little spike with forks on one side. I confess, I actually thought about shooting that thing, but let him walk. If it keeps being as tough as it has, he better stay away from me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw my first deer Monday morning.
I picked a spot that is halfway between bedding areas and food plots.
Had 4 does come within 10 yds of the stand, and let them pass.
Rut coming on and didn't want to waste my bait.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom