Well, I just bought Mrs GED's single, silk, red rose...again...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've told this story before, but I reckon I can tell it again. :rolleyes2

Valentine's Day, 1987. Mrs GED and I are still newlyweds - married October 18th, 1986. Just like most young couples, we didn't have two nickels to rub together.

A friend of mine was a local florist and he asked me if I could help him with Valentine's Day deliveries. I told him I would. At the end of the day, after delivering flower arrangements all over the county, lying in the back of the van was a single, long stem, silk, red rose that had obviously fallen out of some lucky lady's arrangement.

Well, I smuggled it home to my lovely bride and you should have seen her. She balled and squalled and loved me long time! :naughty:

Now, 26 years later, I have bought yet another long stem, silk, red rose for Mrs GED for Valentine's Day. You should she her pitiful arrangement...yes, she has kept every rose I ever bought her, including that sad lil' feller that I snuck home in my jacket that found its way to the floor of the delivery van.

These roses look like hell. Over the years, she's thrown them in the trash, thrown them in the front yard, thrown them at me, beat me over the head with them and salvaged them back after we've kissed and made up. They are sure a sad looking bouquet of fake flowers, but she loves them anyway.

It's funny, because none of the damned things look alike. Over the years, the styles of roses have changed...the shades of red, the style of the blooms, hell, one of them is even spray-painted red because the florist was out of red ones and only had white and yellow. So...she painted it red for me! :D

Anyway...that's my funny VD story...what's yours?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I speak for everyone that matters when I say that you can't tell your stories too many times, GED.

Thanks Ridge. I wish my kids felt the same way. Everytime I say, "did I ever tell ya about the time..." they just roll their eyes and let out a sigh that sounds like air brakes on a Kenworth. :rolleyes2

I told them they both need to watch the movie Big Fish. It reminds me of me. :sunbath:

But thanks. :thumb:

I always hide on valentines day.
Been married 22 yrs, still don't like the holiday.

Your story is pretty funny though!

Yeah, Valentine's Day, like most other holidays are definitely geared towards women. :grumble:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Ridge. I wish my kids felt the same way. Everytime I say, "did I ever tell ya about the time..." they just roll their eyes and let out a sigh that sounds like air brakes on a Kenworth. :rolleyes2

Pssh, that's just how they have to react; it's in the kid rulebook. Deep down they enjoy it every time, and when you conk out they'll be laughing about "that story GED used to tell all the friggin' time". Obviously your children probably do not call you GED, but my point is still valid.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pssh, that's just how they have to react; it's in the kid rulebook. Deep down they enjoy it every time, and when you conk out they'll be laughing about "that story GED used to tell all the friggin' time". Obviously your children probably do not call you GED, but my point is still valid.

I can only imagine what they DO call me around their friends. :lookaroun

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awe! You are a sweet Jack Booted Thug hubby!!!!!!!

My cutest story!!

I stopped at McDonalds drive thru, shoved a cheesburger down her throat, then took her home and wanted to know where my valentines present was.

Thats perty dern romantic on my part dont ya think?

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awe! You are a sweet Jack Booted Thug hubby!!!!!!!

My cutest story!!

I stopped at McDonalds drive thru, shoved a cheesburger down her throat, then took her home and wanted to know where my valentines present was.

Thats perty dern romantic on my part dont ya think?

Damn thing about it was it happened about 10min ago...

Latest posts

Top Bottom