Well, I just bought Mrs GED's single, silk, red rose...again...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One rose? You are getting out too cheap. I got my wife Shari's Berries this year for Valentines Day instead of flowers. Plus a few other things. On our wedding anniversary I get her one rose for every year we have been married. With all she puts up with with me, she is worth it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AAAWWWWW CRAP THATS ...TOMORROW???
jus bsn
My Wifey is sooo hard to buy anything for she shops on QVC.
I found these bracelets..Precious Moments...that you can add charms to.......
I got gift ideas...Forever...just add a charm
Damm I got lucky on that one

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I will agree that there ain't no funny VD stories.

Next, for the QVC widowers, my wife used to keep a notebook in it with the item numbers of things that she liked that she might like me to get for her. Came in handy.

Now, here is a funny story (kinda) that involves alot of flowers, Valentine's Days (at least two) and since it started in Korea...well, never mind.

Anyway, I was stationed in Korea back in '85.

We got engaged the day before I transferred over.

At least once a month, I made my way to my PX flower shop and ordered, paid for, and sent AT LEAST a dozen long stemmed red roses to my (then) fiance.

Two years ago (we have been married 27 year now) I got her a dozen red roses for V-Day.

When she was talking to our daughters, she mentioned that I had gotten her a dozen red roses.
And I heard her say how this was the first time she had ever gotten a dozen long stemmed red roses.
I interrupted her with an "au contraire".
I reminded her of all the long stemmed red roses that I sent her when I was in Korea.

She said "when you were in Korea, I got flowers, but never roses, let alone long stemmed red roses."

In reconstructing everything, she would tell me in her letters (before email, vonage, etc) that she got "my flowers" and they were beautiful.
Only thing we could figure out was that they were charging me for the roses in Korea, and delivering fresh cut flowers here in the States!!!
Being a guy, and not getting letters until 7-10 days after events happened, I never realized that she had never told me that she got the "roses".

Hard to do anything 25 years after the fact!!

Dave

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story GED!
I dumped about $200 today for the 82 yr old mom, and the Warden/social coordinator/ financial consultant in my life. Money well spent in my opinion. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom