Well, I'm getting back into Safety!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just received my job offer and it is acceptable even though it is a pay decrease from being an MWD hand (working out in the field all the time). I was working in Safety in the insurance industry until two years ago when I got tired of being broke and joined the oilfield to do MWD and save up money and join the middle class finally. Well about two months ago my supervisor (who also trained me in the field until he got promoted) contacted me and said that the company is hiring a Safety guy (actually Quality, Health, Safety, and Security Engineer, try saying that five times fast) and I interviewed our Lead HSSE Coordinator from Canada via telephone a month ago and got my offer in today and it looks like (after talking to the wife later) I'll take it and not work in the field any more, which is good since we have a baby due around the beginning of January! I'm just excited and wanted to tell someone!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new job. You're now "that guy" that everyone hates at work...
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yep lurker, I am again the hated one in the shop, I'm already hearing about recordable incidents getting ignored and know of other compliance issues and I don't even start until the first...
And it is the one I mentioned earlier justen, got confirmed at noon today, so hopefully I'll be in town this weekend and we'll get to ride again, and hopefully the temperature will be down a bit too...

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yep lurker, I am again the hated one in the shop, I'm already hearing about recordable incidents getting ignored and know of other compliance issues and I don't even start until the first...
And it is the one I mentioned earlier justen, got confirmed at noon today, so hopefully I'll be in town this weekend and we'll get to ride again, and hopefully the temperature will be down a bit too...

Get 'er fixed up. I'll be in Austin this Friday-Sunday afternoon for some more engineering testing. You up for some evening riding on Sunday?

Latest posts

Top Bottom