Well so it begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I despise the ATF. I have no use for them and their tyrannical over-reach and their laws masquerading as rules.

Having said that...why must people who write these headlines try to make incidents like this sound so much more sinister than it was by saying s**t like "armed ATF agents..."? Well, no s**t. They're armed. Just like most other law enforcement agents/officers are armed while on duty.

And I saw that video. Only the female agent had a visible gun. Those ATF agents were very low key and polite and they didn't confiscate anything. Confiscation is a seizure. They didn't seize anything. They were basically trying to get the guy to voluntarily turn over any FRTs he might have. He refused. I don't agree with what they're doing even when they argue "we're just doing our jobs". They didn't take anything from him and they didn't threaten him.

Why can't people just tell the truth? Oh, that's right... Clicks = $$. No one gives a rat's ass about the truth these days.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't they still need a warrant ?

And she said 'you won't get in trouble' if you tell us who you sold it to.
This appears to be a practice run or something. Seems the Gov is really afraid of the citizenery
having any advantage in fire power.
And I wonder what she would have said if she was told that he did not recall who he sold it to.
I can see in now. The 80K EYE ARE ESS agents will be temporary loaned [repurposed] to the
AYE TEE EFF for door to door operations. One little step at a time is how they do these things.
No soliciting at my door.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This appears to be a practice run or something. Seems the Gov is really afraid of the citizenery
And I wonder what she would have said if she was told that he did not recall who he sold it to.
This is a VERY common ATF tactic. We’re gonna put you in federation prison for years, unless you can flip on as many people as possible about every possible violation.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I can see in now. The 80K EYE ARE ESS agents will be temporary loaned [repurposed] to the
AYE TEE EFF for door to door operations. One little step at a time is how they do these things.

They don't need a warrant to ask you to voluntarily surrender your property. And, that's not solicitation.

If you tell them you sold it or traded it or whatever, I'm sure they'll have you sign some sort of form indicating what you did with it. That way they can charge you with lying on the form should you ever get caught with an FRT.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm more curious, and a little concerned, about this:

"It is unclear how the ATF knows who purchased the devices."
"It is unclear how the ATF obtained information on the owner’s private purchases."

So how did ATF get this information? Didn't think this kind of information was even kept.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm more curious, and a little concerned, about this:

"It is unclear how the ATF knows who purchased the devices."
"It is unclear how the ATF obtained information on the owner’s private purchases."

So how did ATF get this information? Didn't think this kind of information was even kept.

Hold on to your hat:

The government has been lying about that.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Courts ruled years ago it's legal for LE to lie to you, it happens during literally every police interrogation, if you broke an ATF rule they will in fact prosecute you regardless of what they say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom