Well that settles it. ANTIFA and BLM cannot raise their flags in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So... where does the Confederate flag fit into all this?
I have said this before that most people don’t even know what the real confederate flag looks like. There were three I believe. The stars and bars is what most people call the confederate flag even though it isn’t. It was used as the navy jack flag. But the actually CSA had a much different flag. Most folks think the flag is a symbol of racism, which it isn’t. The civil war was NOT about slavery regardless of what the history books say. I fly one for two reasons, 1. I’m proud of my southern heritage. 2. It is a symbol of freedom and rebelling against a tyrannical government.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have said this before that most people don’t even know what the real confederate flag looks like. There were three I believe. The stars and bars is what most people call the confederate flag even though it isn’t. It was used as the navy jack flag. But the actually CSA had a much different flag. Most folks think the flag is a symbol of racism, which it isn’t. The civil war was NOT about slavery regardless of what the history books say. I fly one for two reasons, 1. I’m proud of my southern heritage. 2. It is a symbol of freedom and rebelling against a tyrannical government.
Precisely!
It is the uneducated (educated by public school system) generation causing all this foofarah. When I went to school we learned about government. I actually flunked the class because two troopers were caught stealing the tests so everyone in the class automatically got a zero.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is one of the big disconnects among the two political thoughts. Someone can read this, a somewhat true statement, and all they see is discounting of the role slavery played in the civil war. Slavery isn't what kicked off the sucession movement, but it was certainly a big part of what it became. Read some of the individual states declarations of independence from the union, slavery was absolutely a large part of the event after the first states decided to rebel against the price fixing and racketeering of their crops by the North.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blm has registered as a political party.
Therefore you can't legally wear blm attire at polling places.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Blm has registered as a political party.
Therefore you can't legally wear blm attire at polling places.
They just said on the local news that message shirts like "black lives matter" were okay to wear at the polling places.

They specifically singled out BLM shirts and said they are okay!

Ridiculous!

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid and unconstitutional; guess that confirms it was written by a politician.

it never ceases to amaze me that people are so willing to accept government overreach when they think it punishes those they oppose.

I guess no one really thinks that a law so easily written to make a red flag illegal could one day be changed to make a red MAGA hat illegal.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of the big disconnects among the two political thoughts. Someone can read this, a somewhat true statement, and all they see is discounting of the role slavery played in the civil war. Slavery isn't what kicked off the sucession movement, but it was certainly a big part of what it became. Read some of the individual states declarations of independence from the union, slavery was absolutely a large part of the event after the first states decided to rebel against the price fixing and racketeering of their crops by the North.

Yes, it was a huge part of the anti-South crowd. Slavery alone wouldn't have gotten the Union boys to travel across the country to die, though. It was States versus Federalist, period.

Now we can see how righteous the Union cause was, all these years later.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the three Confederate flags
1280px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861%E2%80%931863%29.svg.png

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

the Mississippi articles of secession literally state off the bat that slavery is a reason. What is often discounted is that slavery wasn't strictly about race, but economics. It was a moral issue, fiscal issue and a political issue at the time. And it was absolutely an issue.

It's fun living in the deep south and asking flaggers what they mean when they say the 'south shall rise again'. Few, if any, have an actual answer.

We finally got the state flag with the battle emblem removed from being our official flag and have a replacement on the ballot. Probably one reason we have a very high turnout all over town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom