Well that settles it. ANTIFA and BLM cannot raise their flags in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it never ceases to amaze me that people are so willing to accept government overreach when they think it punishes those they oppose.

I guess no one really thinks that a law so easily written to make a red flag illegal could one day be changed to make a red MAGA hat illegal.

My thoughts exactly! A noose fits one neck as good as another. Even if it plays into your advantage today it might hang you tomorrow.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Mississippi articles of secession literally state off the bat that slavery is a reason. What is often discounted is that slavery wasn't strictly about race, but economics. It was a moral issue, fiscal issue and a political issue at the time. And it was absolutely an issue.

It's fun living in the deep south and asking flaggers what they mean when they say the 'south shall rise again'. Few, if any, have an actual answer.

We finally got the state flag with the battle emblem removed from being our official flag and have a replacement on the ballot. Probably one reason we have a very high turnout all over town.

I think you quoted the wrong comment. We agree.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i might not have been clear then. i know we agree. i'm elaborating on your post and pointing out that the MS articles stated very clearly it was about slavery. i apologize for not being more clearly in agreement

True true... I was just trying to bridge the gap between "it wasn't about slavery" and the true slavery reasons by offering another truth instead of hoping straight to a "you're wrong." It never goes as planned. The trade war over crops and trade started long before succession was my point. The fever pitch and reason they seceded was ultimately states right to declare humans as property, but it was where the trade war between North and south escalated to. At least, that's what I remember from high school. I has an epic American history teacher. She was Canadian, and a total badass when it came to civics.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They just said on the local news that message shirts like "black lives matter" were okay to wear at the polling places.

They specifically singled out BLM shirts and said they are okay!

Ridiculous!
This morning a man called in and said he was wearing a MAGA hat and was told he couldn’t wear it but there was a woman wearing a BLM shirt and they didn’t say a word. Doesn’t surprise me.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this has been bothering me quite alot. Sent it to a ton of people. Reread it just now surrounded by 4 flags that seem to meet the description. My question is, why would the state approve of something that's technically felonious?
Tread 6-14-11.jpg

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad they have the explanation that it has to be a read flag that indicates disloyalty to the US because if they didn't specify that we could never have a NASCAR race in Oklahoma. :rotflmao::bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom