The Landowner's Hunting Freedom Act (2012 SB 1743): Hunting with Suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
NikatKimber,
not having enough blaze orange can be an unlawful hunt. The statute isn't clear that the offense must be while breaking the law WITH the suppressor, not just having one on your rifle with the intent of hunting with it.

Yeah, I 100% agree then. Extremely poorly worded. About what I've come to expect from politicians though.

It's too many words to allow hunting with suppressors. It's ridiculous to be afraid of this.

Agreed.

AckleyShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's too many words to allow hunting with suppressors. It's ridiculous to be afraid of this.

I'm not afraid of it, I just know how game wardens who don't approve of something work.

It passed the committee 20-0.

I spoke with Senator Russell and he agrees that the language that institutes a $500-$1000 fine for ANY GAME VIOLATION WHILE A SUPPRESSOR IS ATTACHED TO YOUR FIREARM is very dangerous. He will be meeting with Rep. Osborne, who is the house sponsor of the bill, to tighten the language to ensure that game wardens can't over react to a blaze orange violation and assess you a large fine because you happen to have a suppressor on your rifle.

Chris and I spoke with Osborne and she stated she would be meeting with Russell later today to work on the language. By her adding a House Amendment to the bill it will allow the bill to quickly go back to the Senate for an approval vote of the added amendment, and then on to the Governor for signature (which Russell assured me she would quickly sign.)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The congress douchers are afraid of us using suppressors to hunt. I think the bill is crap. Just strike number 5 and be done with it. But, it this is what it takes to get it done for real, I guess I'll play.

Too many words leads to too much interpretation. It's a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom