Went to the Range - Lost my extra magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I just went to Srgt Everetts in Norman on my lunch break today.
Somewhere between paying at the counter and the guy taking a look at my new Taurus TCP to getting to the range and laying everything on the table I somehow lost one of my mags. I'm freaking pissed off at myself. I have no idea what I did.

On a side note... Everetts was a decent place. Good if you live out in Norman or further south. Honestly though they need to keep up with the place better. Out of the 15 lanes (guessing) at the range, there were maybe 5 usable if that. The rest had broken lines or missing clips. This place has a ton of potential and hopefully they can get there soon.

And on another side note. This was my first time to take out the TCP... it shoots really really nice. I had only one that failed to extract. Other than that it shoots like a dream. Much harder to aim then my glock since there are practically no sights... but a very nice gun.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... Everetts was a decent place. . . . Out of the 15 lanes (guessing) at the range, there were maybe 5 usable if that. The rest had broken lines or missing clips. This place has a ton of potential and hopefully they can get there soon.

Now if the shooters would just stop targeting those wires & clips. Ah, the joys of maintaining a range with retractable targets. it would probably surprise us to learn how long it didn't take to get the damage done.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I think the problem is that their pulley system just isn't tight enough and it doesn't go up high enough at the back of the range... It causes the middle of the line to sink down real low. And if you have a short/average sized shooter aiming at the targets face they are going to be right in line to hit the ropes. All that being said... it didn't look like these ropes had just been broken that day, so they really need to get on to fixing them whenever they break instead of waiting till they are all down.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm the biggest moron ever... My extra mag was at home.
For those of you that haven't seen the new Taurus TCP it comes with a little soft case with enough room to leave your magazine in the gun, then the extra right on top of the trigger. Well I must have taken out my magazine but put the gun in the case then put the magazine on top as if it were the extra mag.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap.. the same EXACT thing happened to me at H&H with the same exact gun. WTF? I went in to shoot my new TCP.. got to the parking lot and couldn't find my extra mag. Went back in and no one has seen it. geeesh.

How is your tcp feeding ammo? Mine choked over and over on the Fiochii HH sold me. I can't find any other brand anywhere yet. *sigh*

B

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot 50 rounds of whatever the stuff Academy sells. I was pretty impressed actually. I only had 1 that failed to extract. I also had one that was a mess up but I don't even know how to describe what happened and I think it was my fault. I'm actually very excited that it did so well. I only wish I could have found the all black version of the gun. Other than that it's all good.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap.. the same EXACT thing happened to me at H&H with the same exact gun. WTF? I went in to shoot my new TCP.. got to the parking lot and couldn't find my extra mag. Went back in and no one has seen it. geeesh.

How is your tcp feeding ammo? Mine choked over and over on the Fiochii HH sold me. I can't find any other brand anywhere yet. *sigh*

B

www.doubletapammo.com :saywhat:

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot 50 rounds of whatever the stuff Academy sells. I was pretty impressed actually. I only had 1 that failed to extract. I also had one that was a mess up but I don't even know how to describe what happened and I think it was my fault. I'm actually very excited that it did so well. I only wish I could have found the all black version of the gun. Other than that it's all good.

Me too on the two-tone color.. never liked it. Where did you find an Academy with 380? I've been calling.. nada. I'm glad to hear the gun works well with monarch. I'm hopeful.

I'd like to replace the extra mag. I wonder if they are even available yet.

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom