Wes Watkins Res.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For everyone who has fished or used Wes Watkins, news flash it's not a City Lake, however the City of McLoud is taking over operations at the lake and the prices are coming down less than half of what they were charging. This will happen in about thirty days so after it does come visit the lake again I think you will find it much more inviting. There will be no charge for looking or to picnic, I will post when it's done, please come see us.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks.
I took the boat out there a couple weeks ago and it was $7 boat permit and $7 parking permit and I didn't catch anything but it was still better than working.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appreciate the update. I live 3 miles (as the crow flies) from the lake and never visit it mainly due to the price. I was glad to hear that the prices are coming down to a more reasonable rate.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is the fishing there? I have only went there once probably 8 years ago. I caught 1 sandbass and some mudcats off the bank but that was it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom