Wes Watkins Res.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For everyone who has fished or used Wes Watkins, news flash it's not a City Lake, however the City of McLoud is taking over operations at the lake and the prices are coming down less than half of what they were charging. This will happen in about thirty days so after it does come visit the lake again I think you will find it much more inviting. There will be no charge for looking or to picnic, I will post when it's done, please come see us.

It's about dang time. I grew up in Mcloud...parents still live there and I've fished WWR about 10 times total. Just couldn't justify the cost with so many other good places in the county/area.

Heck, I just might get a yearly pass now. We'll see how the fishing is first.

fishinok

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have been following this behind the scenes for a while. I love to fish at Wes Watkins but havnt been able to for quite a long time because of the price and the staff. I am pleased to inform all that the Shawnee City Commission just approved the contract with the City of McLoud and Wes Watkins will be turned over to McLoud on July 1, 2010. I look forward to seeing you all there!
:sunbath:

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been following this behind the scenes for a while. I love to fish at Wes Watkins but havnt been able to for quite a long time because of the price and the staff. I am pleased to inform all that the Shawnee City Commission just approved the contract with the City of McLoud and Wes Watkins will be turned over to McLoud on July 1, 2010. I look forward to seeing you all there!
:sunbath:

Do you know how much it will cost as of July 1st, 2010?

fishinok

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have not heard any talk of final pricing yet. In recent discussions I have heard that general admission will be free, we will be able to access the lake, swim, picnic, walk, etc. for free. As far as the other pricing I am not certain but McLoud has said that they will be cutting annuals by close to half and shaving all other fees. We will have to wait a little closer to July 1 to know for sure I supose. I will be sure to let all know if I catch wind of anything interesting.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's reasonable, maybe our club will fish a tourney there. Sure would be a lot closer than some places we fish. In fact, we're fishing the Duncan city lakes this Saturday. Not much fun to wake up at 3am for a 4:30am check-in in Marlow!
:scream:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The City Clerk told me that they also plan to open it up for 24 hour access...so if you camp there, you won't be locked out after 9pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom