West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhh, yeah, I know it doesn't say that, I was being facetious. You know, making a point?

About every time a cop gets into a shoot the victim was not the antagonist and got good grades in penmanship while teaching Bible School. It just fits the narrative the media loves.

Whataboutism is rampant. Ersland and Kennedy being turned loose on criminals?
I have learned that the key to not getting shot is to never turn your life around, nor plan to start classes at the community college.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't say that and definitely doesn't say he sang in church. It does say he was a softball coach and he continued coaching softball after his daughter aged out of it. Seems legit.

lol, so he gets shot dead by "Mark" for running his mouth? Maybe mark should have kept his mouth shut and his gun put up.
Uhh, yeah, I know it doesn't say that, I was being facetious. You know, making a point?

About every time a cop gets into a shoot the victim was not the antagonist and got good grades in penmanship while teaching Bible School.
To be clear, I'm not defending what he did, but the fact that he is an ex-cop is irrelevant. Show me anyone facing murder charges that tells the truth.
My mommy always told me the truth is a lot easier to remember than a lie. :nono1:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He did forget about his Miranda rights.

I don't think COs even know what Miranda rights are? 😉🤷🤷

Am I the only one (you can thank the lawyers) who doesn't really see how being a CO and being a LEO are the same?? Similar?? Maybe ... But the training is COMPLETELY different with regard to ... Well ... Just about everything except shot placement??

I think this guy's training -- if he did in fact "default" to it -- is probably what got him the Murder 1 charge. 🤷 I dunno. I still have a TON of questions. I'd like to see HIS training -- not the classes he has taught but the ones that HE was the student in. I think that might answer at least a few questions about attitude ...

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think COs even know what Miranda rights are? 😉🤷🤷

Am I the only one (you can thank the lawyers) who doesn't really see how being a CO and being a LEO are the same?? Similar?? Maybe ... But the training is COMPLETELY different with regard to ... Well ... Just about everything except shot placement??

I think this guy's training -- if he did in fact "default" to it -- is probably what got him the Murder 1 charge. 🤷 I dunno. I still have a TON of questions. I'd like to see HIS training -- not the classes he has taught but the ones that HE was the student in. I think that might answer at least a few questions about attitude ...

Unless the law has changed a Correctional Officer is only law enforcement while he is at work at the facility he is assigned to. When he gets off work and leaves the Prison Grounds he is just like everyone else . Having said that the news reported the chooter was a retired Parole Officer they are sworn police officers who have to make arrests of parolees etc in the wild .

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the law has changed a Correctional Officer is only law enforcement while he is at work at the facility he is assigned to. When he gets off work and leaves the Prison Grounds he is just like everyone else . Having said that the news reported the chooter was a retired Parole Officer they are sworn police officers who have to make arrests of parolees etc in the wild .

Ok ... That makes sense. Tks.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
He did forget about his Miranda rights.
The only time I have ever read anyone their Miranda rights is when I or some other officer was going to ask the arrestee questions. You do not try to do it from memory, you read it from a card or form.
If on a form, they either sign it or refuse to sign it.

In the refusals, I had them initial instead of signing. Just kidding - Jeeze can't I have a little fun?
Edited for clarity

You do not have to Mirandize everyone. You do not have to Mirandize if they are not under arrest.

Stupid cop shows!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom