West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the exception of combat veterans- (Completely different scenario, thank you for your service), I'm curious how many people in this thread have actually pointed their gun at close range at another person. With their finger on the trigger. With 4 pounds of pressure on a 5 pound trigger.
I have. 😉

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah ...

My personal favorite was the old man who "had forgotten more about guns than any GIRL will ever be able to figure out" 🙄🙄🙄 (and yes, that is a quote😂😂) managed to get a .357SIG bullet in a Glock magazine. BACKWARDS. Yes. You read that right -- he managed to finger **** that bullet into the mag with the primer facing OUT ... 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

It took me a while -- and I "might" have nicked the edge of his mag with my pocketknife 😬 -- but I FINALLY got it out of there. And he didn't even thank me. 😑😉😂😂😂😂

There were 3 good old boys at the end of the range just standing there watching the show, kinda slackjawed, like OMG did that just REALLY happen?? Lol They waved me down to where they were and asked me if that kinda stuff happened very often. They were at the spot where I usually stood to keep an eye on the line so we chitty-chatted in between firing.

By the time we were all done and handing out certificates they ALL said "No wonder you guys drink!" 😂😂

Btw, the old man who didn't know how to load his magazine?? Yeah ... About him -- he swept the line with a loaded gun. Had a question and turned around in a circle looking for an instructor to ask. I don't even know how many times we would say "if you need to leave your station PUT YOUR GUN DOWN. If you need to do ANYTHING that you are not facing downrange PUT YOUR GUN DOWN. If you need to do ANYTHING other than stand at your station facing downrange PUT YOUR GUN DOWN."

I ran over, snatched his gun outta his hand, and yelled at him that if he did that again I was gonna kick him outta class. To be honest, he scared the **** outta me because ... Well ... He wasn't the most attentive guy out there. Anyway, he told me I couldn't do that. And looked at Dean (the other instructor) like he expected Dean to back him up. Dean looked him dead in the eye and said "Patti, what do you wanna do with this joker?" I nearly fell out. 😂😂😂 I told the old man that I could handle just about any "mistake" except for the ones that put other people on the range in danger and that, if he wanted to come take a couple of personal classes from me I would waive the fee, and we would let him return and finish the class another time but that for now he needed to pack up his **** and leave. And there would be no certificate for him today. OMG!! I thought the old guy was gonna shoot me for a second. 😬😬😬😬

He left. Never called about those lessons. My guess is he never got his license, either. Oh jeez ... I need a drink now. Lol
Since he forgot everything… it’s quite a complement a girl figure out everything - 1 thing.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing they could use this language to deny coverage. “Covered Member and are in legal possession of your firearm or other legal weapon during a Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident, CCW Safe will pay all the reasonable costs to defend Covered Member against criminal charges, civil suits, including pre-indictment investigation, and administrative claims against Covered Member’s permit arising out of the use of a legal firearm or other legal weapon during a Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident.”
Meaning you don't need them!!.. its a money grab!!

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refused to wear it on my belt. I had enough of that crap in the army. I've seen a lot of guys that were immune to it.
I don't know exactly how effective it was on the perp, he took three or four steps away from me and got smoked by an old Lincoln Continental but it was fairly effective on me. It was a chore to key my eyes open. Nasty stuff. I can't see someone being immune to it unless they were locked up for an extended stay. I have an acquaintance that would try to get maced in jail so he could sell squares of the oil/residue to other inmates.
With the exception of combat veterans- (Completely different scenario, thank you for your service), I'm curious how many people in this thread have actually pointed their gun at close range at another person. With their finger on the trigger. With 4 pounds of pressure on a 5 pound trigger.
Pointed a gun, multiple times. Pressure on the trigger, only once. I made an offer on a new house a couple of weeks later and no longer live in the "hood."

Latest posts

Top Bottom