West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the 8th Amendment doesn’t apply to anyone charged with 1st Degree Murder?

Good to know.
No, the 8th doesn't apply for crimes like this, we aren't talking about manslaughter, this is 1st degree Murder. I would say he's lucky that bail was set at all, especially considering law. Look below. at article 2 section 8 in the Oklahoma Constitution, seems like 1, 2, & 3 all qualify for bail exception for this case. This charge also carries a minimum sentence of life, and maximum is death, is that excessive too?

Section II-8: Right to bail - Exceptions.
A. All persons shall be bailable by sufficient sureties,
except that bail may be denied for:
1. capital offenses when the proof of guilt is evident, or the
presumption thereof is great;
2. violent offenses;
3. offenses where the maximum sentence may be life
imprisonment or life imprisonment without parole;
4. felony offenses where the person charged with the offense
has been convicted of two or more felony offenses arising out of
different transactions; and
5. controlled dangerous substances offenses where the maximum
sentence may be at least ten (10) years imprisonment.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, the 8th doesn't apply for crimes like this
Funny, but I don't see that anywhere in the text of the 8th Amendment:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Oklahoma's statutes and constitution are subordinate to the US Constitution, so they can't exempt themselves from matters expressly covered by the Constitution. Why more bails aren't challenged on 8th Amendment grounds, I couldn't say, but saying the 8th doesn't apply is just inaccurate.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, but I don't see that anywhere in the text of the 8th Amendment:

Oklahoma's statutes and constitution are subordinate to the US Constitution, so they can't exempt themselves from matters expressly covered by the Constitution. Why more bails aren't challenged on 8th Amendment grounds, I couldn't say, but saying the 8th doesn't apply is just inaccurate.

Last I checked unless the definition has changed capital offenses includes murder , the bail set is appropriate for the charges he is being held on.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last I checked unless the definition has changed capital offenses includes murder , the bail set is appropriate for the charges he is being held on.
The fact that these bails aren't being overturned by the courts indicates that they're not deemed to be in violation of the 8th Amendment, not that the 8th doesn't apply.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s black, no it’s white, it’s OSA. 😂 where grown men will argue online about anything and have to have the last word. And yes, I’m guilty too. It’s like an addiction isn’t it? We should all meet up for a dick measuring contest. @THAT Gurl can be the judge although she might be disappointed. 😜

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s black, no it’s white, it’s OSA. 😂 where grown men will argue online about anything and have to have the last word. And yes, I’m guilty too. It’s like an addiction isn’t it? We should all meet up for a dick measuring contest. @THAT Gurl can be the judge although she might be disappointed. 😜
IMG_1630.jpg

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
and we thought the stuff rickn posts requires eye bleach. imagine of being around while @pstmstr exposes himself. that is really disturbing.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and we thought the stuff rickn posts requires eye bleach. imagine of being around while @pstmstr exposes himself. that is really disturbing.

I don't think any of us OGs are gonna win any beauty contests. Debates?? If stubbornly refusing to see the evidence right before your eyes, then yes. We get the blue ribbon. 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom