what 9mm is subsonic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, almost got all the money I need to my trident 9. I was wondering what ammo is commercially available that is subsonic? I thought I heard wwb was at one point but I am not sure. what are you 9mm silencer guys shooting?

and I did try to search but didn't exactly find what I was looking for.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could afford a passle of insurance or a bond. The ammo business doesn't seem to be slowing down much.

But if you handload just load up any 147 in the charge range listed in the manual of your choice and you'll be golden.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rolling your own is by far the best way to go... I've gotten good results with 124's but 147's are the quietest, as others have mentioned.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, special k sucks for the money. I bought a case of it and it is just 147gr remanufactured ammo. If I'm going to pay a premium for it I want good bullets (fully encapsulated) and at least matched head stamp if not new brass. I can reload subsonic ammo that is better than special k for less money. It worked in my guns it just isn't a good value.

Rolling your own is the only way to fly for subsonic 9mm.

My loads are 147gr RN with 3.4gr of TiteGroup and 124gr RN with 3.8gr of TiteGroup. I forget the lengths off hand, but they're posted on OSA if you just search for my threads. 147s are noticeably quieter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom