WHAT A GAME! Go Pokes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weakest well that too is debatable. Most good teams get better with each week during a season. Each of those mentioned will come down to good coaching in the stretch. Gundy will be right there in that dept.

Not really, just going on the facts of what's happened so far. OSU looks the weakest. They ran through a joke of a non-con schedule and then barely beat Texas the A LOT of help from the refs and just barely beat KState at home.

Granted, you're right though.....anything can happen in the future.

I gotta ask something about Gundy though. Are the Pokes on board with him now? Poke fans around here wanted him fired last year after the losses, didn't put Rudolph in soon enough...losing conference record..... blah blah blah..... until OU giftwrapped him a win, and now it's all good? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great coach and a good man.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gundy will stay as long as he produces. Winning seasons, bowl games year after year are not something OSU has been accustomed to in the past. It has become the norm. Fans and alumni are now expecting more production, a winning season isn't enough anymore. As much as some people love him, he will go away if losses mount.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fans have had enough of Yurcich, who is the problem. He is a weak OC, but Gundy is sticking to his guns, probably because he knows that Yurcich is a superfan of Gundy (flattery rarely hurts), and because he knows Yurcich will stick with Gundy, no matter what. Gundy is the guy that gave this doofus 300k a year when his previous job paid about 55k. OSU has been a revolving door in the OC office, which while has given us some GREAT talent, has hurt us in the long run because recruits like to sign up with a team that has stability.

Maybe Yurcich will get better, he certainly called some tricky plays in the Kstate game.

The K-state game was tricky because K-state is a good team with excellent coaching, and the team studied all week based on the starting QB, they burned through him and ended up going to a WR as a QB, it completely changed the offense style, and so they had to make adjustments. Once the defense made adjustments, OSU shut them down. There were too many stupid penalties that kept KSU in the game.

OSU probably should have lost the UT game, as much as I hate to say it. But we didn't.

OU is a toss up, it usually ends up being a squeaker, unfortunately favoring OU. But Gundy's OSU team is not the OSU of old. When the chips are down, and we are behind, the players rally, instead of roll over like they used to. Big difference.

WVU is going to be just like K-state, I see another close one. TCU and Baylor, unless Rudolph and the WRs can get into a better rhythm, will eat us alive. TCU and Baylor are going to be the tops of the conference.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fans have had enough of Yurcich, who is the problem. He is a weak OC, but Gundy is sticking to his guns, probably because he knows that Yurcich is a superfan of Gundy (flattery rarely hurts), and because he knows Yurcich will stick with Gundy, no matter what. Gundy is the guy that gave this doofus 300k a year when his previous job paid about 55k. OSU has been a revolving door in the OC office, which while has given us some GREAT talent, has hurt us in the long run because recruits like to sign up with a team that has stability.

Maybe Yurcich will get better, he certainly called some tricky plays in the Kstate game.

The K-state game was tricky because K-state is a good team with excellent coaching, and the team studied all week based on the starting QB, they burned through him and ended up going to a WR as a QB, it completely changed the offense style, and so they had to make adjustments. Once the defense made adjustments, OSU shut them down. There were too many stupid penalties that kept KSU in the game.

OSU probably should have lost the UT game, as much as I hate to say it. But we didn't.

OU is a toss up, it usually ends up being a squeaker, unfortunately favoring OU. But Gundy's OSU team is not the OSU of old. When the chips are down, and we are behind, the players rally, instead of roll over like they used to. Big difference.

WVU is going to be just like K-state, I see another close one. TCU and Baylor, unless Rudolph and the WRs can get into a better rhythm, will eat us alive. TCU and Baylor are going to be the tops of the conference.

Buick I rubber stamp almost everything you posted BUT------- the people at OSU EXCEPT the idiot athletic director, want him to stay. After Gundy nosed around with a couple of other jobs last year people now are aware that he will have other opportunities and that replacing him will be a task no one wants. The AD is a prick that hates him and would love to get rid of him. The vast majority of those connected to the University like the guy. My take on it, if the AD runs him off then he too should go oh and make that in a NY minute.
My son in law is a surgeon in Stillwater and is well connected to the community. I trust what he tells me.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AD Holder is really good at coaching golf and raising money, but really sucks at managing an athletic department. He is the one that brought in Boone, and Boone has him by the short and curlys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom