Part IV: Most unique, odd or rare cartridge you have taken game with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whaler17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
These post have been pretty fun and seems like members enjoy this so we will keep going until i run out of ideas. This one will be about those unique, odd or rare calibers taking game. Currently I am running a 264 Win Mag this year which is decently rare but not rare enough to not have factory options and its not as popular as all the other 6.5's. Now I have a 348 Win in a Model 71 so that will be my unique entry as its the only 34 cal I know of. What do you guys have/used?
7mmBR, Thompson Contender 15” barrel, a real tack driver out to 100 yrds

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a .264/303? Long story, but I wound up with an 'extra' No.4MkI. I had always wanted something in .264 caliber so, since I had access to a machine shop at the time, I picked up a .264 barrel and made the reamer to create a .303 British necked down to .264. Killed one deer with it years ago, and it has probably been in the safe since.
Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome. What velocity were you getting out of it?

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my 12th Christmas my folks gave me an antique German made Drilling,,,
Double barrel 20 gauge with a 9.3 x 57 rifle cartridge.

The rifle had two cartridges stored in a trap door on the bottom of the stock,,,
I only ever fired the Drilling once and that was to shoot a stray dog,,,
That was trying to eat my Mom's two Pekinese pets.

I would have used something else if I had any other ammo,,,
But at that moment I didn't even have a .22 short.

Dropped that big mongrel rather handily though.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom