What a sad world we live in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s about thinning the herd to prevent highway accidents. I like to think I’m the poster child for the insurance industry doing my part.
A bullet is much more merciful than being left on the side of the road injured and all. :buttkick:
You’re talking to a guy who had a tree stand he called Auchwitz.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely remember Bible Jesus looking at the 5000 and telling them to learn to fish. My memory is a little hazy but didn't the parable go something like "You should have thought to bring food to this remote place, so get wrecked. If I feed you now then you'll always expect a bailout. Learn to fish if you don't want to die!"
I'm not much of a person that follows a particular religious belief of one sort or another although I used to be. Lots of infighting and finger pointing about who believes what moved me away from organized religion called churches.
I do know there is a higher being that created all this stuff. I believe in that.
What entity did that I don't know. Budda? Yawhay? Jesus? I don't know. Nobody does in fact. It's all in faith, not fact.
I believe that people should follow their faith and embrace it.
I do know that smarter people than me would have slapped that kid upside the head and said, get a job and never come back to this line if you have any respect for yourself and want to move forward as a human with self-respect for your ability survive on your own without handouts from the community.
I fervently believe in that principle as that has been a path through my life and I would hope in yours.
This country has been destroyed by the handouts given to the community that wants to embrace them given by politicians to create a welfare state started by LBJ with the Great Society where huge apartment buildings were built to house one particular ethnicity all over the country which turned into high crime enclaves known as ghetto's.
We should be giving the minorities hands up, not hand outs to get them out of the ghetto's and poverty. Do you agree?
Since you lean left, what is your opinion of reparations for slavery in the US?
Should that happen or not happen?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not much of a person that follows a particular religious belief of one sort or another although I used to be. Lots of infighting and finger pointing about who believes what moved me away from organized religion called churches.
I do know there is a higher being that created all this stuff. I believe in that.
What entity did that I don't know. Budda? Yawhay? Jesus? I don't know. Nobody does in fact. It's all in faith, not fact.
I believe that people should follow their faith and embrace it.
I do know that smarter people than me would have slapped that kid upside the head and said, get a job and never come back to this line if you have any respect for yourself and want to move forward as a human with self-respect for your ability survive on your own without handouts from the community.
I fervently believe in that principle as that has been a path through my life and I would hope in yours.
This country has been destroyed by the handouts given to the community that wants to embrace them given by politicians to create a welfare state started by LBJ with the Great Society where huge apartment buildings were built to house one particular ethnicity all over the country which turned into high crime enclaves known as ghetto's.
We should be giving the minorities hands up, not hand outs to get them out of the ghetto's and poverty. Do you agree?
Since you lean left, what is your opinion of reparations for slavery in the US?
Should that happen or not happen?
You know, the funny thing is that people smarter than both of us probably would have also looked at the kid and had some compassion. Setting black and white rules in a world of gray situations has always struck me as a bad idea. I know there have been times in my life where I was in the kids position and someone said yes. I can remember it now as a positive. I can also remember times where someone was a giant Richard. Sadly in the "Richard" cases that was usually someone in a religious position ruining their witness since at least the people in the secular world don't claim the same ideals and values.

But to say "if you have any respect for yourself and want to move forward as a human with self-respect for your ability survive on your own without handouts from the community" is bull crap and despite our contentious history I really hope you might have phrased your idea poorly. We might as well just stop all charity work. Social programs. Heck, we can go further and just start purging undesireables right? I mean, screw all those people that really need help --- probably just throw those babies our with the bathwater.

I'm not even going to dignify the radical topic shift to a question like reparations.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, the funny thing is that people smarter than both of us probably would have also looked at the kid and had some compassion.
Rez

He was shown compassion from several of the volunteers. A free hot bar b que meal, a cold drink, desert, a gift that was for teenagers attending the event and other free items. My point in all of this was not that he was rightly or wrongly denied a solo cup of candy, it is that he lied about what happened in an attempt to escalate the situation to something it was not. That is not on him, that's on bad parenting. As an example, the brother's mother was working inside at the laundromat which had a nice income day thanks to our paying for 138 loads of laundry plus drying time never once came out to see why her son and especially his older brother were agitating the crowd and shouting threats of gang retaliation and to get out of a black neighborhood white man. Perhaps that resonates with your value set but it does not with mine.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, the funny thing is that people smarter than both of us probably would have also looked at the kid and had some compassion. Setting black and white rules in a world of gray situations has always struck me as a bad idea. I know there have been times in my life where I was in the kids position and someone said yes. I can remember it now as a positive. I can also remember times where someone was a giant Richard. Sadly in the "Richard" cases that was usually someone in a religious position ruining their witness since at least the people in the secular world don't claim the same ideals and values.

But to say "if you have any respect for yourself and want to move forward as a human with self-respect for your ability survive on your own without handouts from the community" is bull crap and despite our contentious history I really hope you might have phrased your idea poorly. We might as well just stop all charity work. Social programs. Heck, we can go further and just start purging undesireables right? I mean, screw all those people that really need help --- probably just throw those babies our with the bathwater.

I'm not even going to dignify the radical topic shift to a question like reparations.
I think it's sad that you're on some imaginary high horse over a cup of candy.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's sad that you're on some imaginary high horse over a cup of candy.
You would be very qualified to recognize that if it's true, so I'll consider myself in good company I guess.

Rez

He was shown compassion from several of the volunteers. A free hot bar b que meal, a cold drink, desert, a gift that was for teenagers attending the event and other free items. My point in all of this was not that he was rightly or wrongly denied a solo cup of candy, it is that he lied about what happened in an attempt to escalate the situation to something it was not. That is not on him, that's on bad parenting. As an example, the brother's mother was working inside at the laundromat which had a nice income day thanks to our paying for 138 loads of laundry plus drying time never once came out to see why her son and especially his older brother were agitating the crowd and shouting threats of gang retaliation and to get out of a black neighborhood white man. Perhaps that resonates with your value set but it does not with mine.

In my first post I acknowledged I don't know exactly what was said. I wasn't there after all. But whether I am right or wrong, I still feel like based on the information presented, there might have been some other options for how to handle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom